Weekly Truth

Romans 15:7

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go.

In this study of hospitality we are memorizing Romans 15:5-7, a passage that focuses on glorifying God and living in harmony with one another. This week we will memorize verse 7.

Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.
—Romans 15:7

Write this passage down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about Scripture memorization. Will you join us?4-MakingRoom-2

17 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Sarah D. says:

Hey all, if you could please pray for me, not to be scared as I practice driving. And to trust that God will help and protect me! Thank you!

1. Katalina says:

You will be fine! I know how I was when I first started driving. So much that I was 19 when I got my permit. God is with you, don’t worry! :)

2. Mari says:

I, too am so grateful for this community of SRT. I’m learning and growing from all of you. Even got the book SRT. Reading it slowly as time allows. Praying you all have a wonderful Sunday as you attend your services.

3. Katalina says:

I’m so grateful to have found such an amazing community and these studies have been absolutely amazing. I’m so happy!

4. Tochi Heredia says:

I love love love Matthew Henry’s commentary on this verse. I believe it sums up perfectly what we’ve been learning these past two weeks:
    “Let there be a mutual embracing among Christians. Those that have received Christ by faith must receive all Christians by brotherly love; though poor in the world, though persecuted and despised, though it may be matter of reproach and danger to you to receive them, though in the less weighty matters of the law they are of different apprehensions, though there may have been occasion for private piques, yet, laying aside these and the like considerations, receive you one another. Now the reason why Christians must receive one another is taken, as before, from the condescending love of Christ to us: As Christ also received us, to the glory of God.”

1. Bethany says:

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

5. marsha says:

i love each and every srt study i do. thank you srt and bring on the isaiah lent study!

6. Jaclyn says:

Thank you SRT for an awesome study. As a college student studying Hospitality and Tourism Management it can be so easy to forget the Why behind everything. I so needed this reminder these past two weeks. Also, I would appreciate prayers as I visit a new church this morning! ❤

1. marsha says:

may your journey to a new church bring welcoming hospitality to you, jaclyn ❤️

2. Mari says:

Jaclyn praying as you visit this new church. May the Lord guide you. Happy Sunday!!

7. Churchmouse says:

Oops – then EVEN (not fall) strangers… I failed to proof my comment before I posted.

8. Churchmouse says:

And so we come to the end of another SRT study. A bittersweet moment because I hate to see this one end, yet I know there’s blessings to be had with the next. Thank you SRT for the excellent study and the beautiful and helpful guide. I appreciate the recommendation of Nouwen’s book Reaching Out for more insight into hospitality. He says it so well: “When hostility is converted to hospitality then fall strangers can become guests. Then, in fact, the distinction between host and guest proves to be artificial and evaporates in the recognition of new found unity.”