Grace Day

from the John reading plan

Ezekiel 36:25-27

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

I will also sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your impurities and all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. I will place My Spirit within you and cause you to follow My statutes and carefully observe My ordinances.
– Ezekiel 36:25-27

SRT-John16-Instagram6s

68 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Heather Fringer says:

I love being reminded that I am cleansed from all of my impurities that the world may see in me. He will give me a NEW heart and a NEW spirit. Just a good little pick me up read today. ❤

2. Shelley says:

A heart of flesh so I will follow his decrees. Here in China welcoming our new little one. This is what He did 10 years ago. He softened our hearts and we began to desire after what His heart was about. Thank You, Jesus!

3. Bev says:

Hey….where did that come from?
    I know I’ve read this before, but never noticed it: “I will cleanse you from all your impurities AND FROM ALL YOUR IDOLS.” Thank you, Jesus!
    I need a new heart and a new spirit because the old one stubbornly clings to those idols.

4. Kelly says:

I have a friend that is hurting me by always asking me to help her with problems yet never giving back to the friendship. I am sad, hurt but also angry. Lord I need to remove her from affecting me the way she does. She does not realize that she is doing it but I also don’t feel like I need to tell her or maybe I just don’t want to. Anyway my biggest problem is I don’t have really any other friends… so I feel like I should move beyond her and begin to look for new friends. I have lived in this town my whole life but I don’t have any close friends. Lord heal my heart and make it god willed. Teach me how to be a friend and how to make new ones. I pray for that person or people. Thanks Jesus!

1. Rachel says:

Kelly, I have been there too and it is not an easy thing to deal with. When a friendship is unbalanced like that it can be hard to know what to do. You want to keep loving and supporting because you know they need it and that they might not receive that from anyone else. It can seem like the wrong thing to do to take a step back because we have been called to love and support one another. But our capacity to do so is diminished if we are exhausted and aren’t being poured into ourselves. I don’t know your exact situation or what the answer may be, but you are not the only one who has experienced this isolation and frustration. Let this be the place where God meets you and supports you.

Heavenly Father,

I come to you to pray for Kelly. Draw her closer to you to find the rest and restoration only you can bring. Give her comfort. Support her and bring alongside her good Christian friends to walk with her through life. Give her the wisdom, compassion, and restraint to be there for her friend in the manner in which you would have her be. Give her strength in this time of restlessness and hope for change. Amen.

5. Kelsie says:

I feel like every time I read this verse, my heart always lingers on the portion talking about creating a new heart…Today, something else spoke to me. It says, “I will place My Spirit within you and cause you to follow My statutes and carefully observe My ordinances.” If I continue to study God’s word and immerse myself in His Truth, then making decisions that bring him glory will become second nature. When I create a relationship with him that inspires me to make decisions that won’t disappoint him, I will begin to think of others instead of myself. Thank you God for showing me exactly what I need to hear at the right time.

6. Claire says:

so thankful for grace days giving me a chance to catch up. In need of a new spirit and new heart today. One that doesn’t get frustrated at a poorly 2 year old and clingy 5 month old. One that just loves and hugs and seeks to know the Lord more. Thankful to come to God afresh each and every day!

7. JoAnn says:

There is no deadline to become new again – thank GOD! I have been struggling with some hard questions. I have made a lot of mistakes. A LOT. Thank you God for grace. Thank you for my NEW heart and spirit!!!!

8. Kendra says:

Jesus, this is my prayer for this year. Lord give me a new heart and a new spirit. Renew me and restore my relationship with you. Remove my heart of stone, and give me Jesus a heart of flesh.