Weekly Truth

from the Joshua reading plan

Joshua 1:9

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go.  This week, we’re memorizing the key verse for the book of Joshua:

“Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous?
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lᴏʀᴅ your God is with you wherever you go.”
—Joshua 1:9

Write this verse down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about Scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-Joshua2

16 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Melissa says:

Sometimes I think we read this as an option… we get so excited about the LORD being with us and telling us not to be afraid but to be brave and courageous that we get lost in the yes..but category. Listen … this is a command..Be Brave and Be courageous…why? For the LORD our God is with us.
    Father, may we live a life that walks in the power and truth of your transforming WORD. May we be the women of God you have called us to be. May we stop wishing and start obeying and believing your word which gives wisdom and brings light and life. Be glorified…oh LORD in us and through us..

1. Brandi says:

Amen and amen!

2. Michelle says:

Ladies this verse really pulled at my heart this morning. With the uncertainty of the election we need to try our best to not be discouraged. Because God has the ultimate say in who our leaders are. Hope everyone has a restful Sunday filled with joy. I’m loving this Joshua study and don’t want it to end.

3. Jessica says:

A powerful spoken word by Amena Brown Owen on this verse: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HfgU0RXDw4Y

4. churchmouse says:

There is no suggestion here. It is a command. “Be strong and courageous.” Who me?!? Those are not words I would readily ascribe to myself. Yet the command stands. Lord, but how can I be strong and courageous? He answers with a statement of fact : “for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” No need for discussion or further explanation. Wherever I am, there He is. Wherever I am going, there He is. Whatever I am going through, there He is. The all powerful, completely in charge God of the universe is forever at my side. How then could I be anything less than strong and courageous? My feelings and my body may tremble but my mind rests on the Truth He speaks: “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Yes and amen!

1. Brandi says:

Love this! (As usual) Thank you so much for sharing words of truth and encouragement. Much needed this am! I’m very thankful for you.

2. Blessed says:

Love love love and so needed! ❤️

3. Alexandra says:

Amen. No matter the past no matter the present no matter the future. God with us. Immanuel.

5. Love this verse and loving going through Joshua. God is reminding me of how faithful He is. He is also reminding me of how just as He wins the victories for Joshua, He does the same for us. We have no reason to ever fear because God is always in control and He is always fighting for us!!

6. Whim says:

Praising Him for his perfect timing. This verse reminds me to focus on Him , not the noise of the world. ❤️

7. Cristy says:

Amen! Thank you SRT for this study – it’s divine timing for my life.

I love how God repeatedly reminded them to be strong and courageous – knowing precisely what they needed the most. I am thankful to serve an all knowing and all sufficient God!

8. Leah❤️ says:

Perfect timing for this verse! Every Saturday and Sunday before I open the verse to read it, I pray and ask God to pick one just for me. It’s like a fortune cookie

1. Michelle Maher says:

Leah that is such an awesome way to view scripture. Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed day!