Weekly Truth

from the Hosea reading plan

Hosea 14:9

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go. This week, we’re memorizing a verse about the ways of the Lord:

Let whoever is wise understand these things,
and whoever is insightful recognize them.
For the ways of the Lord are right,
and the righteous walk in them,
but the rebellious stumble in them.
— Hosea 14:9

Write this verse down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about Scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-Hosea3

9 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Laurie Lester says:

I have so enjoyed this reading! I’m excited to start the next one! I’m the kind of person who struggles to finish things. It took me longer than it should have to go through this, but I did finish it with God’s help. I’m praying that this is the first step in disciplining myself to see things (especially in reading) through to completion.

2. SuzD says:

May I be more bold in showing and sharing my faith that others might know God through me.

3. churchmouse says:

Wisdom and insight. Yes, Lord! I gain these two virtues only when I know and follow You. Help me to stay the course, to study Your Word, to love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. May others meet You through me. Amen.

1. Jessica says:

Well said :)

4. Ann says:

Let the one who is wise heed these things and ponder the loving deeds of the LORD. Psalm 107:43

5. Ann says:

Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
    or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
    but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.

That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
    and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.

Not so the wicked!

They are like chaff
    that the wind blows away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous
    For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.
    Psalm 1:1-6

6. Ann says:

The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
    for gaining wisdom and instruction;
    for understanding words of insight;
    for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
    doing what is right and just and fair;
    for giving prudence to those who are simple,
    knowledge and discretion to the young—
    let the wise listen and add to their learning,
    and let the discerning get guidance—
    for understanding proverbs and parables,
    the sayings and riddles of the wise.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
    but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:1-7