Weekly Truth

from the Hosea reading plan

Hosea 6:6

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go. This week, we’re memorizing the key verse for Hosea:

For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice,
the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
— Hosea 6:6 ESV

Write this verse down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about Scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-Hosea2

8 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Kartika Kisdijarto says:

I am reminded that God wants my heart more than anything else. What I give to God ie. my time, gifts, money is an outflow of my gratitude and trust in Him. He wants my heart, not my sacrifices and he desires for me to seek him and grow in my knowledge of him.

2. Jacki says:

This verse always makes me think of the Jon Foreman song “Instead of a Show” If you haven’t heard of it, get yourself to Spotify or youtube asap. So good.

3. jessiechatchat says:

I love how this verse magnifies how relational the God of the universe is! Not somethings we’ve tacked onto our understanding as Christians and receivers of Christ’s bridegroom love, but GOD’s love. Of course God (Hosea, my husband, whoever) doesn’t want sacrifice; he wants steadfast, everyday, faithful love. Of course he doesn’t want burnt offerings, he wants his lover to know him. Sometimes that everyday love mandates sacrifice but that’s a byproduct not the goal. Gotta go write this verse down 20x.

4. Kristi says:

Just wanted to say thank you to all those who replied to my comment yesterday. Your kind words touched my heart and I truly appreciate your prayers. I am so blessed to be part of this wonderful community of believers. Wishing you all a blessed Sunday!

5. Valanne says:

He is our perfect model of steadfast love. As we daily lean into him, he shows us how to reciprocate, but how blessed we are that we’ll never have to follow him as a sacrifice. The buck stopped with Jesus–He is the One any only Sacrifice! He has done it once for all…surely this beckons our pursuit of loving him.

For those ladies that we’re praying for my request on yesterday’s post there is an 2nd UPDATE posted there.

Have a blessed Lord’s day.

1. Churchmouse says:

Thank you for the update! Encourages me to continue to press on in prayer for the entire family. Our God is able and He is good!

2. Amen says:

Isn’t it a blessing how answered prayers can help us know Him better?

Thankful to our Lord for hearing our prayers and reaching out with healing hands.
      Thankful to you, Valanne, for updating us.

Praying new mama’s healing and recovery continues.

6. Churchmouse says:

Steadfast love. Knowledge of God. Today I will offer these and these alone. For nothing else will please Him. He knows me. He loves me. I reciprocate.