Weekly Truth

from the Hosea reading plan

Hosea 6:3

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go.  This week, we’re memorizing a verse that reminds us of God’s faithfulness:

Let us strive to know the Lord.
His appearance is as sure as the dawn.
He will come to us like the rain,
like the spring showers that water the land.
— Hosea 6:3

Write this verse down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about Scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-Hosea1

15 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Hannah M says:

“The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:5b-6
    This verse has been one I’ve been speaking over and over this week, and it goes hand in hand with Hosea 6:3. Let us strive to know Him Who is at hand. I will speak through my requests with Him.

2. Kylee says:

This is like the Hillsong,
    “As surely as the sun will rise
    You’ll come to us
    Certain as Your word endures!”

So thankful for God’s constant presence, which is as certain as the sunrise!

3. Bridget Tillman says:

Great word!

4. Amen says:

I love how the Lord created days that come and go, and the changing seasons. The more we try to predict what will happen, the more challenging this becomes generation after generation.

Feeling blessed I to continue striving to know the Lord,
    and for this refreshing reminder:
    He is the one constant amidst our everyday lives that promise change.

For the only thing that is constant is not change (change in and of itself is not constant),
    rather I realize now:
    the only thing that is constant in this life is actually the Lord.

1. Joanne says:

Amen.
      Only God is constant!

5. Tricia says:

I remember memorizing this when we studied Hosea a couple of years ago.
    I love you Lord. Thank you for pursuing me.

1. Lindsay Prater says:

Amen

6. Churchmouse says:

When I rise in the morning and go to my place of prayer, He surely comes and ‘waters’ the dry soil of my heart. He comes every morning ‘as sure as the dawn.’ Our meeting together is so refreshing, a ‘spring shower’ needed daily. So thankful for this verse today and for all that I am learning through SRT. Praying a steady soaking shower of His presence for all today!

1. Sadie says:

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

2. CJ says:

Yes, beautiful. I always enjoy your thoughts, Churcmouse. Thank you!

7. Rea says:

Listen to “Hosea” by Shane & Shane.

8. Brittany says:

Thank you God for being so faithful to us sinners. Watering my relationship with God right now and Hosea is the best devo I could have possibly started because it reminds me that God loves me so much even though I am unfaithful just like Gomer. Please make us less so that you can be greater. Amen.