Weekly Truth

from the Acts of the Apostles reading plan

Acts 17:25

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go.

As we read through Acts, we are memorizing a 6-verse passage, Acts 17:24-29, from Paul’s eloquent yet succinct presentation of the gospel to the Greek philosophers at the Areopagus. By memorizing one verse per week of the study, we will have all six verses memorized by the end. Here is this week’s verse:

Neither is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives everyone life and breath and all things.
–Acts 17:25

Write this verse down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-Acts2

13 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. grace says:

dear fellow sisters, if any of you feel led, please remember me in prayer, God is leading me through a spiritual valley. thank you and God bless

1. Christina says:

I will put you on my list of people to pray for.

2. Zoe says:

In case any of you are like me and sometimes have difficulty getting around to memorizing Scripture, I want to recommend the app Scripture Typer to you. I’ve found it incredibly useful to have an app on my phone in which I can enter, memorize, and review verses. For example, last Sunday I popped the verse into the app, memorized it, and have been reviewing it throughout the week. It really works for me and hopefully it’ll help some of y’all out too.
    (I know that probably sounded like a review or a promotion but I really just wanted to tell y’all about it! :)

1. Leah says:

That app is 10$

1. Zoe says:

It’s only $10 for the pro version (which I recently got because I thought it was worth it) but you can do up to 50 verses at a time on the free version

2. Mary Trenda says:

thanks! downloaded!

3. Christa says:

Thank you for sharing. I struggle with this, so I will take all the strategies I can get!

4. C Gunckel says:

Thank you Zoe!

3. Elizabeth says:

GRACE is written all over this verse. We have a greater God than we let on sometimes. I’m so thankful His ways and thoughts aren’t like mine. I just want more of Him. To know Him more and more and MORE.

1. Mary Trenda says:

I just want more of Him too.

4. churchmouse says:

After reading that verse all I can say is… Thank you, Lord. Thank you.