Weekly Truth

from the Acts of the Apostles reading plan

Acts 17:24

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go.

As we read through Acts, we will be memorizing a 6-verse passage, Acts 17:24-29, from Paul’s eloquent yet succinct presentation of the gospel to the Greek philosophers at the Areopagus. By memorizing one verse per week of the study, we will have all six verses memorized by the end. It’s going to feel great to be able to recite this beautiful, important passage!

The God who made the world and everything in it—He is Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in shrines made by hands.
–Acts 17:24

Write this verse down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-Acts1

22 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. ed sheeran songs says:

You’re the best, beautiful weblog with great informational content. This is a really interesting and informative content.

2. Bernadette says:

I feel that some people in this world may not have compassion for those who lost their lives in Orlando, because they were gay. We all have to realize that we all are Gods children and we all sin and fall short of Gods glory. I pray that God will have mercy on all of us and I pray that this tragedy will wake people up to draw closer to Jesus. I am a little late on memorizing the scriptures, but plan on learning this weeks, by posting it on my fridge.

3. Stephanie says:

Love what this memorization is asking us to remember- that God is so much bigger than we can even fathom.

4. Joanna says:

Please pray for Orlando and all the victims and their families. To wake up and hear about this happening 10 minutes from your house is a very scary thing. But, it was so incredible to see how we grew together as a community instead of away. To drive past the blood bank and see lines pouring down the street to give blood, people bringing food and water to people waiting in line, and even people writing letters to the victims, reminds us of the good. Lord, please help us continue to grow as a community, help us continue to look to the good, and keep our eyes on our faith.

1. Sara says:

If only the news channels and media would focus on that, instead of slobbering over the carnage, and telling the same sad story over and over and over. But God, He can turn the sorrow to healing, create something lasting and good from the worst disaster. Let us turn our eyes upon Jesus, who is LORD of heaven and earth. Let us pour out His love on them and make the world know that God’s love is what fills us, what drives us…not what divides us.

5. Lorna says:

He is the Lord of Heaven and Earth – Praise be to His Name

6. Sarah D. says:

Wow, to wake up to more sad news. Lord may we shine your light all the more. You should not be confined to our church building or house, you are alive and all the earth is holy ground when we have you living and speaking through us. Help us make disciples of men. Take this mountain weight, take these ocean tears, come like grace again.

1. Kristin Ashley says:

This was so timely and encouraging in light of the mass shooting in Las Vegas. My heart hurts for this broken world. Only Jesus has the power to heal and transform. Thank you for sharing your beautiful, eloquent words.

7. Christa says:

Thank you SRT for this strategy for memorizing scripture. Im going to place it on the fridge, among other places, so that my family can see it too. I also know that God knew my soul needed feeding and sent me this study. During the school year things are so hectic with teaching, being a mom taxi and wife, managing our home… I’m sure you can relate. I was literally starving for this study and the words from all of you ladies. I pray that this will continue to be part of my everyday when school starts again in the fall.❤️