Grace Day

from the Advent 2015: Born Is The King reading plan

Philippians 2:9-11

BY She Reads Truth

Text: Philippians 2:9-11

Take this day to rest in God’s presence. Pray the prayer below, then read and reflect on the scripture that follows.

Almighty God, you have given your only-begotten Son to take our nature upon him, and to be born of a pure virgin: Grant that we, who have been born again and made your children by adoption and grace, may daily be renewed by your Holy Spirit; through our Lord Jesus Christ, to whom with you and the same Spirit be honor and glory, now and forever. Amen.
from The Book of Common Prayer

For this reason God highly exalted Him
and gave Him the name
that is above every name,
so that at the name of Jesus
every knee will bow—
of those who are in heaven and on earth
and under the earth—
and every tongue should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
– Philippians 2:9-11

SRT-Advent15-instagram28s

31 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Christine says:

Thank you all for a guide to walk me through this holy season. It was pure joy to read the scriptures that foretold the birth of Jesus. Your devotionals each morning helped me to process and pray.
    How blessed are we! ❤️

2. Laura says:

I am finishing up this study just a few days late in my typical fashion. I loved the scripture for this day, particularly the segment that states, “At the name of Jesus every knee will bow.” It really made me think! How often do I think my own plans are better than God’s? How often do I actually stop to bow before God? Praying today that God will humble my heart and that I will submit to God’s plan for my life. I feel so much more peaceful already!

1. Abigail says:

I agree!! Such a great reminder to stop, take a breath, and praise Him
      abigailduskin2.wix.com/pursuingfaith

3. Cindy says:

Like many others I have been so blessed by this advent devotional time. It really helped me to stay focused. I became a couple of days behind but the Holy Spirit continued to tug at my heart to finish. Thanks to all who contributed!

4. Julie says:

I have never commented before, but have loved this site for awhile! I just wanted to say that I truly enjoyed this Advent Study. It was fantastic and I thank you for the time everyone put into it. I also enjoyed reading through the comments and seeing others thoughts on each day. Thank you again! Looking forward to the Genesis study! :)

5. Anna says:

I’ve loved the book of common prayer! Is that something I can pick up at a store?

1. Churchmouse says:

Yes most Christian book stores will carry it or you can order it from Amazon.

2. Kaite says:

I checked a copy out from the local library :)