Grace Day

from the Advent 2015: Born Is The King reading plan

Isaiah 33:22

BY She Reads Truth

Text: Isaiah 33:22

Take time today to rest in the knowledge of God’s boundless grace. Pray the prayer below and reflect on the Scripture that follows.

Stir up your power, O Lord, and with great might come among us; and, because we are sorely hindered by our sins, let your bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory, now and forever. Amen.

– from The Book of Common Prayer

For the Lord is our Judge,
the Lord is our lawgiver,
the Lord is our King.
He will save us.
– Isaiah 33:22

SRT-Advent15-instagram21s

20 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Winter says:

If you wrote an article about life we’d all reach enemhgtenilnt.

2. Mallory says:

God’s grace surely abounds! Thank you so much for this great verse and prayer to start the day. I think it is a great reminder of what this season is all about and what Jesus came to this Earth to do for us. He came as our Judge, he came as our lawgiver, he can as our KING! He surely has saved us and He will continue to save us all of time ❤️

3. Hannah says:

I don’t think that many people would associate the judge, lawgiver, and king as the savior. They are the ones who enforce the standard of justice upon us, the ones who punish, the ones who keep order. And God is the Righteous Judge. In His righteousness, He condemns our sins, but in His love He takes on the punishment He Himself sentenced upon us! So His Kingship is one of grace, and His grace is one of Kingship! Oh how marvelous is Jesus!

1. Melisa says:

Hannah, what a great observation, God the judge, lawgiver, and King does not give us what we rightly deserve but instead he is merciful. He gives us the grace and righteousness we do not deserve and saves us with his own life! How beautiful!

4. Joanna says:

I prayed with my best friend over text message just a bit ago because time constraints wouldn’t allow for a phone call and she called me a prayer warrior! It made my heart so full because sometimes I wonder what the heck it is I’m saying but God always gives me the words I need. Having such a powerful morning making out Christmas cards and listening to hymns thinking “I love Him so, so, SO much!” Have a blessed weekend in God’s loving arms, sisters.

5. Kam says:

I love the prayer. Even though my sins do hinder me, God’s grace redeems. What an amazing God. What love.