Grace Day

from the Advent 2015: Born Is The King reading plan

2 Corinthians 8:9

BY She Reads Truth

Text: 2 Corinthians 8:9

Take time today to rest in the knowledge of God’s boundless grace. Pray the prayer below and reflect on the Scripture that follows.

Merciful God, who sent your messengers the prophets to preach repentance and prepare the way for our salvation: Give us grace to heed their warnings and forsake our sins, that we may greet with joy the coming of Jesus Christ our Redeemer; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
– from The Book of Common Prayer

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Though He was rich, for your sake He became poor,
so that by His poverty you might become rich.
– 2 Corinthians 8:9

SRT-Advent15-instagram14s

20 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Midge says:

Thankful for God’s grace! So much to think about as we approach the celebration of our Savior ‘ s birth. Music plays a huge roll in my life and we sing a song “Born to Die.” Jesus sacrificed from the moment he left heaven for me! WOW!

2. Becca says:

How intentional, how orchestrated God’s plan has been… from the very beginning. I am struck time and time again by this truth. That God, while knowing we would belittle Him, curse Him, run from Him, and Jesus knowing we would mock Him, reject Him, crucify Him – – our God still made a way for us and adorned our world with the beauty of His creation. What a Father we have, and what a King we serve! We are more loved than we’ll ever grasp…

Have a good day, sisters! Live in Him!

1. Vicki says:

Thank you, Becca, for sharing.

2. Becca Bailey says:

Love this! Thank you!

3. Verna says:

Love this prayer!

4. Churchmouse says:

All things in heaven – traded for a 33 year journey on earth.
    From all glory – to a rugged cross between two criminals.
    From the richness found in His Father’s presence – to the rejection here by family and friends.
    From angels proclaiming and singing – to the mob cry of “Crucify!”
    To willingly go so low from a place so high…
    To fulfill His purpose
    That I might not die but have eternal life.
    It humbles me to my knees in gratitude.

1. Mandee says:

Thank you for this powerful comparison–I am always so blessed by your entries. Humbled in gratitude alongside you, sister… <3

2. Kylee says:

YES! And in just 33 years of life He taught us how to truly live. I can’t comprehend the magnitude of this man! Holy, holy, holy is our God!

5. Elaine says:

Father, give me the grace to heed their warnings and forsake my sins!!! I repent of my sins so as to ready myself for the coming of our Savior Jesus Christ!
    I’m so grateful that every day is “Grace Day” when you belong to HIM. I’m so desperate for his Grace this time of year when my focus gets shifted a bit too much towards buying “stuff”. God has shown me a couple of ways I can give back to others this season and I’m so grateful for that. May He continue to reveal to all of his sons and daughters more ways to bring Glory to Him this Season and reduce our need for things of this world. Have a JOYfilled weekend sisters!

6. I can hardly fathom that – we see those around us giving things away and applaud that, and that’s simply material things. I give away a coin or two to those in need in the streets and think that’s enough. But here’s Christ, doing this – doing more than I deserve and yet fulfilling all my needs at his own sacrifice. How amazing!

7. Melinda says:

He became poor so that we may become rich….such true sacrifice! It brings me a sense of wonder and awe what that would look like in my life, to give everything so that another may have it all…Thanks be to God!