The Second Sunday of Advent

from the Advent 2015: Born Is The King reading plan

Isaiah 9:6-7

BY She Reads Truth

Text: Isaiah 9:6-7

One way we make room for the coming King is by storing His Word in our hearts. This second week of Advent, let’s memorize the second part of Isaiah 9:6, so we will have the full passage of Isaiah 9:6-7 memorized in its entirety by Christmas.

Save the lock screen below to your phone as a reminder throughout the week, and rejoice in the One who is our Prince of Peace.

And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
– Isaiah 9:6b NIV

4-Advent2

41 thoughts on "The Second Sunday of Advent"

1. ed sheeran x album says:

You lost me, friend. Get real, I imagine I get what youre saying. I am aware what you’re saying, nevertheless, you just appear to have forgotten that might be other sorts of folks from the world who view this challenge for which it happens to be and might perhaps not go along with you. You might be turning away much individuals who had been lovers of this website.

2. Rebecca says:

Having grown up in the church, I confess that I can become numb to these words. I gloss over them without stopping and forcing myself to meditate on what these attributes mean. I forget the power that comes with them. Thankful for an opportunity to reflect and allow my heart to be renewed as I meditate on the majesty of our Savior.

3. April says:

Each of these aspects of God are about a relationship….this is comforting and encouraging.

4. Corinne says:

For anyone looking for a wonderful explanation of the candles of advent, Ann Voskamp has an awesome series of videos for advent.

1. Aoril says:

It was very good…a blessing!

5. Jerrica L says:

The app scripturetyper is really great for memorizing God’s word!:)

6. Amanda says:

I’m just so thankful for the consistency of this devo and for the easy to understand truths! I’m in a seriously HUGE area of transition in life right now. She Reads Truth is such a big help to me. Thank you!!

7. Kylee says:

Prince of Peace. My HEART. I’m not sure the world needs anything MORE than a Prince of Peace right now! Imagine what happens when a prince enters the room. A hush falls over the people, maybe some whispers among the crowd. He enters the room, and with this Prince of Peace comes an overwhelming sense of comfort, fullness of joy, stillness in the depths of our worried hearts, unexplainable peace. This Prince assumes the throne and invites us not to be just spectators, but to COME, boldly approach His presence and to ask for what we need…and receive.

This is our Prince. We are His bride, invited joyfully to approach Him and receive the fullness of everything He is! Come, Lord Jesus. Flood into our thirsty hearts, Prince of Peace, this & every season. We are so overwhelmed by You!

1. Verna says:

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

2. Midge says:

Love this truth!

3. Louise says:

Thank you for your thoughts … I am doing this study late as only found it after Christmas but treasure your comments on this reading