Grace Day

from the Advent 2015: Born Is The King reading plan

Zechariah 9:9

BY She Reads Truth

Text: Zechariah 9:9

Take time today to rest in the knowledge of God’s boundless grace. Pray the prayer below and reflect on the Scripture that follows.

Almighty God, give us grace to cast away the works of darkness, and put on the armor of light, now in the time of this mortal life in which your Son Jesus Christ came to visit us in great humility; that in the last day, when he shall come again in his glorious majesty to judge both the living and the dead, we may rise to the life immortal; through him who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

– from The Book of Common Prayer

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold, your king is coming to you;
righteous and having salvation is he,
humble and mounted on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
– Zechariah 9:9 ESV

SRT-Advent15-instagram7s

48 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Jill G. says:

I love grace day. A chance to reflect on all that the Lord has spoken to me through His Word during the week.

When we view all things in light of eternity, the eternity we will spend with our creator, the problems, the struggles, the insecurities don’t disappear, but rather, are put into their place, and we are free to trust, to pursue, to love, and to receive the freedom and peace that only comes from knowing Christ intimately. We need not worry, we need not be in despair, because HE IS COMING AGAIN!!

2. Alecia says:

“Your King is coming to you.” What magical words that provide a great comfort.
    Voices in my head:
    You’re not good enough (Your King is coming to you)
    Nobody likes you (Your King is coming to you)
    I feel so alone (Your King is coming to you)
    We are in constant reminder of the Grace God gives us.

1. Dianne Furrow says:

Your thoughts really touched me and resonated in me during this time of my life, when I’m fighting doubts and insecurities. Thank you for sharing your words which just added to the blessing of this verse.

1. Ashli Rouw says:

Amen! So true! The honesty! “Your King is coming to you” is exactly what we need to meditate on. My thoughts are similar to hers, but as a mother. I’m not a good mother -> Your King is coming.

You’re not a good wife -> Your King is coming. Rejoice!!! He is righteous enough for all my short comings or bad thoughts.

Thanks ladies!!! Have a blessed day!

3. Your King is coming to you. Love that.

4. Ali Marchetti says:

I definitely needed a day of grace!! Today’s verse helped me put aside the crazy stress of this time of year and focus just on Christ as His grace is the only gift I will even need!!

5. Tori says:

I am thankful for grace. It seems too often I fail and then sulk in that failure. But Gods grace is big enough. And his love endures forever.

1. Amen! So thankful that we can never out sin God’s grace!

6. idah says:

I love Grace Day.
    I Love how Christ is able to do wonderful and brave things and still be humble.
    I Love how He is El-Shammah (going before us).
    And through reading comments I learn that each of us face similar challenges, and God is always the same – working things out for our good.
    “you are going to live and not die says God- speak life into your fear, joy, worry, confusion”

1. Elizabeth Highsmith says:

Just beautiful thank you for sharing

7. Heatherotti says:

I needed a grace day so much. Especially as all the season’s demands come from every which way, I need to refocus my heart and mind in the glorious king that came to save me. That is enough. He is everything.