Weekly Truth

from the Ephesians reading plan

Ephesians 2:10

BY She Reads Truth

We believe memorizing scripture is one of the best ways to carry the Word of our God with us wherever we go—to have God-breathed truth, instruction and reproof in our hearts and minds as we live unto Him each day.

This week we’ve chosen a powerful reminder of our purpose as His creation.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
– Ephesians 2:10 ESV

4-ephesians-2-10-2

22 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Maiya H says:

God has been preparing me for His great plans since before I left home for this world. And I trust Hisnplans

2. Crystaljennae says:

I’m going through a rough time in my marriage, learning my husband has cheated on me.. This verse has been a great reminder to focus on my purpose in my life and in my marriage as God has called all us women in marriages to honor Him and our husbands. I am feeling convicted that my “good work” could be trusting in Gods plan and honoring our marriage as we are called to stay together. For the Bible says it was only because of the “hardness of their hearts” that the lord permitted divorce.. How can I allow my heart to harden with Jesus in my heart, with Gods hands guiding me, and while he forgave me a sinner, can I not forgive my husband? Thank you for listening :)

3. Nadia Aldaco says:

I pray that those things that are NOT apart of his workmanship for our lives. … that he would wash away.. so that we will walk in and accomplish those works that he created uniquely for us.

4. Dani says:

Amen amen! God is so amazing! I’m a new Christian and I am new to this but I need to speak, to like Kasey said, rely on Him.

5. I was reflecting on this verse today and was thinking about how God has sculpted us as part of His workmanship for a divine purpose to do good works in Christ Jesus, but He also sculpts us through those very same works. I don't think his workmanship ended when we entered this world but that it's an ongoing thing, which is why it's so important to listen for the calling to do those good works for which He created us. Glorious, that!

1. Lucy says:

I love that thought! Thanks, Helen.

2. Amen! I pray that the Lord would help me, would help us, to rely on Him… to walk in those good works that He has already prepared for us. I need to rely on Him more and more. If I’m not, I cannot do anything of eternal value on my own.

6. tina says:

Just to know that I am His workmanship…to know that I am…because of Him…that my heart beats,… because of Him, …that I have breathe , because of Him….what an honour, what a joy that is to me…
    I am His workmanship and I am thankful for that …Amen..xx

7. Alanna says:

This verse always brings me back to where I need to be. As a young woman I feel as if I am never good enough, never pretty enough and never smart enough but knowing that God created me for a purpose changes all of that. I pray that the good works of Christ will flow out of me and I can praise him for all he has done for and with me.

1. I pray that the peace of knowing you have been perfectly designed for a divine purpose stays in your heart! You are always enough for our Father!

1. Alanna says: