Grace Day

from the Daniel reading plan

Isaiah 43:2-3a

BY She Reads Truth

We can all use a grace day, can’t we? Take this day as an opportunity to catch up, pray, and just rest in the presence of the Lord. Pray the scripture below for a specific woman in your life and for yourself.

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;

when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
  and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
  the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”
-Isaiah 43:2-3a ESV

SRT-Daniel_instagram13-1

56 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. mary says:

this is so promising because God doesn’t say “if” you pass through the waters he says “when” and he doesn’t say “maybe” I will be with you. His word is truth & his promises are comforting. I love this study & everyone’s comments helps me connect more and more with the study and helps me realize in the midst of my struggles I’m not alone. I hope everyone who reads this finds hope in Christ. cause whatever your going through … God has a plan and don’t trust in your own understanding trust in the Lord. :-)

2. Tracie Feld says:

Dealing with severe flooding here in SC…what a perfect day to read this…the flood will not overwhelm us! Thank you Jesus for your timing word!

1. Praying for all of you, Tracie! Stay safe!

xoxo-Kaitlin

3. hannahroserob says:

I'm super behind on this devotional, but I know now that it is for good reason. One of my close friends is dealing with a rocky breakup and she has been feeling discouraged lately. So when I read the verses for tonight, I knew that they were meant for her. God is so so good. :)

1. Claudia Pannetti says:

I am way behind as well. But I agree with you! God works all things for good!! Glad you were able to help your friend! :) you are not alone..I’m trailing along here too. :)

4. Jesus is our Firm Foundation! Our Cornerstone! We cannot be shaken!

5. Rachel says:

I prayed this for my mother-in-law because her husband has been diagnosed with leukemia. I’m not sure what faith they have so I pray that they will know his love as they go through uncertain and difficult times.

1. ~ B ~ says:

Rachel, prayerful that the Spirit breaks out between them. That whatever level their faith, that it be profoundly increased for Christ, that they will see His work in this and that they will draw closer to Him and each other. Prayerful for healing over him as well. ~ B

1. Rachel says:

Thank you B. God bless.

6. jana says:

Couldn’t have needed this reminder more this week. After having some serious disagreements with my boss and fearing having to leave my job (or be fired) after standing my ground on an integrity issue… It is easy to fear and assume the worst, to feel like you are alone in the fight. “When you walk through fire the flame will not consume you.” The Lord, my Savior, has and will never leave my side. I will not be consumed.

7. Amanda says:

Grace days are always so encouraging for me, I am dealing with regret so much as of recent and to remember God's grace for me and with this verse how he will protect me from so much, how he loves us, he is so much bigger than we can imagine and he can do the most amazing great things.

8. Beverly says:

…through the waters…through the rivers…through the fire…. Reading this, I can’t help but know that I have thrown myself into the waters, cast myself into the rivers, and walked willingly into the fires – my choices, my expectations, my lack of focus on Him. All of these have willingly put myself in harms way when it comes to my soul.
    And today, all I can do is praise Him! Thank Him for not giving up on me. Thank Him for being with me – even when all I can see are my looming circumstances, my selfish kingdom or hear the noise of worldly approval – He is and always has been by my side. Always!
    Exceedingly grateful He comes with me and will not allow me to be overwhelmed nor consumed even when these are results of my own unwise making. Consequences may be inevitable, but His gracious discipline and love are good. Always good.

1. ~ B ~ says:

So true Beverly. I am also exceedingly grateful that He won't leave us in our self-made messes. His Love is great! Happy Sunday friend! ~ B