Grace Day

from the Daniel reading plan

Jeremiah 29:11-14

BY She Reads Truth

We can all use a grace day, can’t we? Take this day as an opportunity to catch up, pray, and just rest in the presence of the Lord. Pray the scripture below for a specific woman in your life and for yourself.

“For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and places where I banished you”—this is the Lord’s declaration. “I will restore you to the place I deported you from.”
Jeremiah 29:11-14 HCSB

SRT-Daniel_instagram6

SRT-GEPC_Banner_640x150

49 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Megan says:

I’m starting my third year of teaching today and truly needed this verse. I’m not sure teaching is the path for me and this year is my “make it or break it year” to see if I move on to another career. God has me right where he wants me for now and he knows what the future holds for me. Praises to him to knows our path and prepares us for the journey.

1. Claudia Pannetti says:

Megan, your comment really helped me too!!

2. Maria says:

I never go far from needing this verse. This past week was awful. So many trials, some that I thought were ancient history, reared their ugly heads. It was actually unbelievable how much sin and darkness presented itself all in the course of one week. When I look at my life, the list of headliner trials that have come my way, and then to see most of them manifest themselves somehow in my attempt at a peaceful and quiet life, I am angered and frustrated. Why? How? How much can a girl take? Why do I have to take it? How do I process all this when I have a full day of work and three beautiful children who need my full attention?
    But he has plans for me… He does! These circumstances aren’t random. Ultimately, I will not be harmed, but will prosper under the loving hand of our God. This a truth that MUST be clung to. This world is so dark, so ugly, and it is out for our destruction. Our God has a perfect plan, and offers us incredible hope!

1. Jodi says:

Maria have you plucked the words and thoughts right out of my head? You are not alone I sit here weeping over the sadness that is going on in my family both immediate and extended. Thank God for my wonderful ROCK of a husband. I look around and see the darkness and evil daily. Then all of a sudden I will go for a walk and just be alone with God. I look around and see the beauty he created and just feel the warmth of his love. And this verse, HE KNOWS. We don’t know . All of our anxiety, worry and sadness comes from the not knowing. In my heart I know I have to turn it over to Him… I just have to get it through this worldly head. The only peace available for anyone is to just let go. I fear for my son and his wife if he can’t win his battle, for his sanity and his very life. I can do nothing but pray and watch. It is torture not to be able to just do it for him. I am so weary of watching the destructive behavior. But through it all I know that Jesus is my savior, my rock, my shelter, my hiding place. I take great peace in knowing HE is in control!! Take comfort girl!! HE will overcome all our earthly worries. I pray for you Maria I pray for peace. I pray for light to break through your darkness. I pray that we may be able to live the calm fruitful life we desire. I pray that God is always in our hearts and words.

3. Lori says:

This whole chapter is very close to my heart this year as we had to leave our home in eastern Ukraine because of the war. When God commands them to seek the welfare of the cities they have been exiled to, I understand the difficult in that, what it means to be a foreigner in a strange land where you are judged not because of who you are but because of the place you come from. But even in exile, and sometimes especially in exile, God proves His faithfulness and makes a way to make Himself known. These are the good plans he has for us, that we would be living testimonies of His unending love and faithfulness.

1. Jennifer says:

Beautiful, Lori. I just prayed for you.

4. jakedhk says:

i like this blog

5. jakedhk says:

It is awesome blog

6. marleyanneu says:

Needed this sweet reminder today. God takes care of his people, he is a God who restores. <3

7. Love this verse… “You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.” Praying to be whole heartedly devoted to Christ!

8. Jenn Plumb says:

I love it when God speaks to me. I have seen Jeremiah 29:11 in a million different places the past month or so. Its amazing when I see things like that.