Weekly Truth

Psalm 16:2

BY She Reads Truth

We believe memorizing scripture is one of the best ways to carry the Word of our God with us wherever we go—to have God-breathed truth, instruction and reproof in our hearts and minds as we live unto Him each day.

The verse we’ve chosen today is a breath of thankfulness we pray will echo through your hearts this week:

“I say to the Lord, You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”
– Psalm 16:2, NIV

Write this verse down—copy it twenty times if that helps! Post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-psalm-16-2

33 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Mandy says:

My success in graduate school has no good without you. My job has no good without you. My community work, the things that make me smile, my coffee, my love for my family… None of it has good apart from You, my great and wonderful Lord. You are my one true desire. Sorry I forget it sometimes and start to put my life on my own pedestal, but thanks for loving me unconditionally anyways!

2. Emily says:

I really needed this verse today. It’s easy to think that because our circumstances right now are good then the situation will turn out well. But If I don’t rely on God to still walk with me during the good times then there is a large possibility that situation could turn sour very quickly! I cannot rely on my self to produce good things. I must wait on God!

3. Steph says:

Keep abiding sisters. Don’t go a day without talking to Him.

4. Eden Janeway says:

I love this verse! I believe the enemy tempts us with things we think might be better for us than Gods will. It’s so important to remember that sin can never do more for you than God will when you choose to trust in Him. Apart from Him there is no good thing!

1. Phylicia says:

Amen!

5. Ainsley says:

I love the idea o memorizing scriptures every week!!

6. do my paper says:

Taught people have ability to deal with their issues while uneducated individual can't make a better than average society. They can high the wrongdoing rate. So it is indispensable for everyone to get direction and make a better than average society. It is possible to get best written papers for securing top grades.

7. LJ says:

Beautiful verse full of truth

8. Mandy says:

What a great verse to memorize