Weekly Truth

Psalm 19:14

BY She Reads Truth

We believe memorizing scripture is one of the best ways to carry the Word of our God with us wherever we go—to have God-breathed truth, instruction and reproof in our hearts and minds as we live unto Him each day.

The verse we’ve chosen today is a prayer to carry in our hearts as we go about our week…

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, LORD,
my rock and my Redeemer.
– Psalm 19:14, HCSB

Write this verse down—copy it twenty times if that helps! Post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

4-psalm-19-14

We want to be a community that is intentional about scripture memorization. Will you join us?

41 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Kristi says:

I need to remember this! I am so quick to snap sometimes and I really want my words to show a woman of Christ- not something else. ❤️

2. edsheeran says:

I’m a blog crazed person and i love to read cool blog like yours.:`*’”

3. Brooke says:

I love how God puts a scripture in front you you that you desperately needed to hear. Oh how I needed to hear this today and memorize it. Thank you Lord ❤️

4. Lacey White says:

I really needed to hear this my husband and I are going through tough times. This was much needed.

5. Rosario says:

That scripture is in the cover of my prayer journal. It’s a great reminder set as we go about our day

6. Mary Beth says:

God helped me to understand this verse in a way that I never had before. The words of my mouth reflect the meditations of my heart. What are the words that I speak concerning my difficulties, fears, hopes, and pains? Are they reflective of heart that meditates on a God who is mighty, loving, worthy of praise, and trustworthy? Thanking God for His voice, and thanking Him that He is more than enough and more.

1. Rachel says:

Thank you so much for posting this! That is so helpful

7. ashlee says:

This is a scripture I say every morning. I think its important to speak it before the day begins. There’s something about it that keeps your mind focused on what you say and how you say it. I also like Provb 25:17 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. It helps me to Remember that what I’m going to say, is it truth and is it nice? Regardless of what it is. Be it my opinion or gossip. It helps me to examine my heart before I speak and if its coming from a pure place or a place of hidden agenda. Not all the time do I remember but for the most part these two scriptures help me.

8. KMM says:

May I always remember that the words i say and the attitude of my heart should foremost be pleasing to God! In my anger, do not sin. This is a verse a friend has brought back to me lately and is so true. Just because I may get angry about something does not give me the right to take it out on anyone else. May I be pleasing in the Lords eyes so I can be a bright light for him in this dark world!