Grace Day

Romans 8:14-17

BY She Reads Truth

We can all use a grace day, can’t we? Take this day as an opportunity to catch up, pray, and just rest in the presence of the Lord. Pray the scripture below for a specific woman in our life and for yourself.

Romans 8:14-17 ESV
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

SRT-WITW-OT_instagramday13

52 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Emily says:

According to Roman adoption law, the child who was being adopted changed his name (so he was now defined in a new family), was cleared of any past debts or relationships, and the family that was adopting the child couldn’t give them back. God chose to adopt us, redefined us, cleared our name from any sin we have, and never lets us go back into out past relationship with sin. Beautiful illustration.

1. Nikravesous says:

Thank you for sharing Emily! That certainly. Expands what it means to be adored by God

2. Caitlin Miller says:

Great little tip.. So neat to know that!

1. Amy Vineyard says:

Thank you for that! It brings greater meaning to the verse.

2. Holly Ibanez says:

I have been struggling with fear today, and as soon as I read the begin of Romans 8:15, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I get so caught up in my problems saying a lot of what if’s…, I forget who God is. What a sweet reminder. He is our Father, and we are His children. We can alway come running to him. At times we must may suffer; but there will be a time where we will be glorified. Our God is so good.

3. Sarah Crane says:

I love the end of these verses, “17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.” Provided that we suffer, in order that we may be glorified — we don’t get the beautiful gift of being glorified with him UNLESS we suffer with him. In a season of suffering and hardship, this verse jumps off the page to me like never before. We are his beloved children, heirs, daughters, and to get the very best He has for us – glory – we must walk through the fire, we will suffer. For this heart, what an enormous comfort!

1. Sarah thank you for sharing that! I love that and needed to hear it.

4. Jan says:

This verse reminds me of my childhood. I was blessed with a very kind and calm Daddy. I could always go to him and feel safe. As an adult I can now trust my heavenly “Daddy” to always do the same.

5. Kate says:

I am catching up today on my reading and was about to stop for the day when I came to this. It is Thursday and last night, the shooting happened in charleston. I am confused and upset like everyone but this passage helps in providing some comfort and understanding.