The Bible In A Year 98

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Numbers 35-36, Mark 6:30-56

39 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 98"

1. Sarah Johnson says:

Our God is all powerful! But he cares about and provides for all of our needs

2. Charis Schneeberger says:

“They did not understand about the loaves…” What does this mean?

3. E Hong says:

trust that God will provide -ellie

1. Sharon Ide says:

The Lord has compassion for the people, who were spiritually helpless and confused like sheep without a shepherd.

4. Michelle Chen says:

Take heart, it is I. Do not be afraid.
    So often I let fear take control of my thoughts, forgetting that Jesus is always with me. I’m reminded to look at Him and not at the storm around.

5. Stephanie says:

Wow! I’m letting that roll around in my head for a bit. They were there, seeing everything but it hadn’t penetrated their heart.

6. Stephanie says:

I’m reading this in the Message and it reads “None of this had yet penetrated their hearts.”

1. Heidi L says:

Such a hard thing to comprehend… and then I thought “what things have I seen and yet still have a hardened heart?” Paul’s words came flooding my mind. “Oh wretched (wo)man that I am. Who will set me free from this body of death?” Thank God He has made a way… The only Way. Thank God for our Risen Savior! God help me to really know you and keep my heart soft toward your truth.

7. Rachelle says:

Once I was talking to a friend about this passage in mark, and my friend pointed out the humor in the passage.
    “48 He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. Shortly before dawn he went out to them, walking on the lake. He was about to pass by them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out…”
    Jesus had to have had a sense of humor. He told the disciples that he would meet them later, and the disciples probably thought he’d take another boat or something, but Jesus walked out n the water and “was about to pass by them,” or in other translations, “He meant to pass them.” Jesus had to have known that the disciples would be terrified, yet he meant to pass them… Sounds almost like a prank! I could imagine Jesus smiling to himself, “this is gonna get them good!” Now maybe it isn’t funny, but it sounds a little playful to me;)
    On a more serious note, Jesus of course was out to teach them something real. One message here is that at times, Jesus chooses to pass by our boats and lead us through the storm instead of get in our boats and calm it. We must trust Him no matter what and believe he will get in the boat with us when the time is right.

1. Angelyn says:

I think you’re so right — Jesus was fully man and fully God, so I’m sure he had an amazing sense of humor. :)

1. Erica says:

That’s so funny! I always think about the Father having a sense of humor but for some reason not Jesus. I hope you are right. :)

2. Camille says:

Thank you for this! Not only did it warm but my heart but it encouraged me in the faith. Thank you! This is beautiful

3. Kylee says: