The Bible In A Year 98

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Numbers 35-36, Mark 6:30-56

38 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 98"

1. Savannah says:

The Lord has compassion for everyone. Even me. Even in his human fatigue, the Lord has compassion on those who needed him. Lord, help me to remember your compassion, and willingness and love to help me. Remind me to call on you rather than myself

2. Elizabeth says:

Currently dealing with some minor health issues that are all the same still scary, but this story just reminds me that no problem is too big for God. I encourage you ladies (and myself!) to simply give up your problems to God and stop worrying, for he says, “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

3. Samantha Dorsey says:

Love the story of the bread and fish. Amazed by them feeding 5,000 people.

1. Brittany C. says:

Me too. Amazing!

4. Antimony says:

Mark 6:34 “Jesus … felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd”. They wandered aimlessly. He felt compassion for them. He wanted to help them. And He did. He taught them. Presumably about Himself. He was the answer to their questions. The “home/refuge” from their wandering b

5. Alina says:

The story of Jesus feeding 5,000 always reminds me of a quote by Nelson Mandela: “it always seems impossible until it’s done”. Trust in him, and He will show you the way!

6. Danielle says:

Love this story of Jesus feeding 5,000 so much!!
    41 “Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to distribute to the people.” Jesus doesn’t stress or worry about how to complete a seemingly impossible task. He doesn’t attempt to do it on his own. He puts his faith in God, praises Him, and is more than provided for! Praying for this kind of strength in my faith

7. Anne-Marie says:

I finally just caught up, four days behind. We’ve been ill here and I’ve had no desire to be in the Word or close to our God. The dialogue has been so great for me after reading Scripture, to gain deeper insight- thanks sisters!

Today a passage in Mark stood out, when Lord Jesus knew the need for rest, but He himself needed time with the Father. (And encouraged His disciples to have rest too). As I look at how I was before sitting down this morning , I was full of anger, malice, and bitterness with motherhood, being sick, etc. It wasn’t until I confessed my sin, and repented, and prayed for that hunger, did my anger decrease and literally melt away. I’m sitting here at peace, resting at His feet. Knowing that even just “touching the fringe of His garment” I am healed.

Praise Lord Jesus, Who is our great High Priest forever, that in Him there is no condemnation, that there are new mercies each morning, that He fills us with mercy, compassion, love and above all grace.

To remind myself and others;
    grace
    ɡrās/
    noun
    2. the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.

Truly, His grace is sufficient for me. Amen!

1. Christina D. says:

Anne-Marie your words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your candor and insight! I am so thankful for His grace today. Grace that I don’t deserve and can never earn no matter how hard I try…but still is freely given to me.

2. Erin says:

Thank you for your post! This entire day has been filled with so many feelings of fear and frustration for me and tonight I finally told myself the only place of peace is sitting at HIS feet! I know the healing you speak of and His grace towards us!

3. Paula says:

Yes, ” His Grace is sufficient to keep us” I remembered getting a piece of paper with those words, just like a fortune cookie paper and I kept it in my purse. It was such a solace for me when I needed surgery and couldn’t afford it. Every time was anxious and happen to reach in my purse, I would come up with the paper. I would read it and it calmed. Some how true to His word, His grace was sufficient to keep me and I miraculously had the surgery, and it was paid for. Keep praying, the Lord is listening and He is working behind the scene. Hang on, He will come thru as promised.

1. Kylee says:

Thank you Paula for sharing your story– need to get a piece of paper in my purse with those words, stat! His GRACE is sufficient for me, no matter what I face today. Thank you God!

8. Heidi Wray says:

I’ve always loved this story! Our Lord can multiply the little we think we have.