The Bible In A Year 72

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Leviticus 15-16, Matthew 25:31-46

68 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 72"

1. Is it weird if I was encouraged by this? Lol I love that we get to read the law of Leviticus and Matthew together here. Seeing the contrast between the detailed law (which God mercifully gave to His people to maintain relationship with them) and the New Covenant always helps me put into perspective God’s love for us. Like seriously praise God we don’t have to make a sacrifice for our “menstrual impurities” as my ESV so quaintly puts it. Instead He met us in uncleanliness (both the physical kind and spiritual) and bridged a gap so we could have a constant and closer relationship with Him that will result in inheriting His kingdom.

1. AnnieB says:

Aaaamen!

2. Helen Hovestol says:

Hi Sarah are you from Fargo?

2. ChelseyC says:

Does anyone have a version that makes this book easier to understand and get through?

1. Hey Chelsey! Try ESV if you haven’t yet! I’m normally able to follow it :)

1. Kari says:

If it gets really difficult, I switch to The Message.

3. Ashley says:

What I took away from this is more related to the discharging. I think it’s more of a spiritual discharge or behavioral. Such as if one emits poor unfavorable behavior or words or has a spirit of unkindness or lacking in what’s considered maybe “fruit of the spirit” then that person is unclean. However, in then speaking of generosity and treating those in need as if they were Jesus, we must dispel any negativity we have in our own hearts about acts of service towards those in need. We should emit nothing but a pure and clean heart as if we were exerting our love and kindness to Jesus. I know there are times where I’ve said “well I need this too” but I haven’t stopped to think about God’s plan, I’m rather serving my own agenda. I should be more like the Good Samaritan and know that I have the financial, time, and relational freedom to impact someone who is in need.

4. KristenC says:

I think back then it was more about not spreading disease . Disease from blood spreads quickly and the people of that time weren’t the cleanest . So I think it is more about cleanliness than “punishment “

5. Stephanie says:

This was a tough one for me, I appreciate everyone’s perspectives on why me station was considered unclean-