The Bible In A Year 7

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Genesis 16-17, John 6

257 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 7"

1. Hailey Grimes says:

2. Talley Kyle says:

“Lift your eyes” He sent Jesus. It’s interesting to me how many times that truth was reworded so followers and the twelve would understand yet they still question it

3. Makenzie Mason says:

I love verse 27 of John ch. 6, “ But don’t be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you.” We need to stop spending our days so focused on earthly things and lift our eyes and minds to eternity and eternal life. Reminds me of Lauren Daigle’s song “Look Up Child”, we need to lift our hearts and keep ourselves centered by focusing on our eternity instead of our short stay on Earth.

1. Michelle S says:

I also love this verse! So humbling to be reminded of this truth

4. Sarah Johnson says:

I’m a little confused why Abraham wasn’t punished for having a son with Hagar. Maybe his form of punishment is that Ishmael is to have a combative life, but even then God tells Abraham that he will bless Ishmael.

5. Rebecca Fava says:

“ I am the bread of life whoever should come to me shall not hunger” anther reflection is the lords prayer, he says to pray “ give us this day our daily bread” Jesus is the bread, we need Jesus daily, he came as the word in the flesh, dwelling in the word and praying for Jesus will be giving us the bread of life!!!

6. Steph C says:

“God said, ‘No, but Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac’” (Genesis 17:19). Abraham thought he could help God out. Like, “okay, you promised, but it’s not happening, so let’s see how I can help you”. Sounds so crazy … but I do the same thing! Instead of waiting on God’s plan and His time, I jump ahead and try to figure out how to make it work. Oh God, give me grace to wait on you every time!