The Bible In A Year 64

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Leviticus 1-3, Matthew 20

98 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 64"

1. brightgirl says:

The OT sacrifices really gross me out. It makes me just not even want to read it… And then it hit me! Those ugly gruesome sacrifices are a picture of SIN. It is meant to bring up feeling like we want to turn away from it. How much more must a holy God not want to look at our sin? I am so thankful that Jesus paid the price and it is finished!!

2. Kelly says:

Matthew 20 – Two Blind Men receive site
    v 32 Jesus stopped and called them. “What do you want me to do for you?”He asked.” Lord” they answered, “we want our site. “Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they RECEIVED their site and FOLLOWED Him.

I love this! Jesus opens our eyes to see Him. Keep our eyes on Him and follow ♡♡♡

3. Hannah says:

I love the story about the talents and how the man hired each man, promising only the first with a full days wages. As the end of the day came and it was time to pay the wages, he gave to those who only worked an hour a full days wage, and of course those who had been there all day expected a huge wage, but instead received what they were promised, a full days wage. And what was their first reaction, “this isn’t fair, we worked much longer than they did!” I’ve been burdened lately with how quick I am to say that things are not fair, when I’m missing my opportunity to rejoice with others in the blessings that God has given them. This is definitely something that we have to constantly fight against!

1. Elizabeth says:

Amen! Great observation, thank you for sharing :)

4. Clara says:

The last few readings of Exodus and now Leviticus have me really looking for meaning in the very ceremonial, instructional phrases. I’m having trouble but the New Testament readings always give me a lot to think about.

1. Amanda says:

It is a lot to take in, and it’s hard for us to relate because we live in a generation where Jesus has already atoned for our sins, so we don’t have to follow these rules and ceremonies any longer, thank goodness. I suppose It was a lot of pressure on these generations so long ago, trying to make he perfect sacrifices for the perfect Lord. I couldn’t even come close!

1. Adriana says:

Amen!

5. Elena Hercules says:

Isn’t it funny how our perspective of sacrifices for the Israelites so clear? “Okay. My unblemished lamb. Got it.” However, our daily sacrifices for the Lord should also have this “firstfruits” mind-set. Romans 12 popped in my head.

6. Jess Hunley says:

Love this group of women! Thank you for your comments. We serve a faithful and amazing God. Keep reading’