The Bible In A Year 59

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Exodus 31-33, Matthew 16

63 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 59"

1. JoAnn Foley-DeFiore says:

Praise the Lord!!

2. Malynda 'MJ'Gamble says:

Oh it can be totally confusing. I feel like I’m this world that’s what we want are black and white. In God’s world it’s not all black and white. I feel like the “work” on the sabbath is intent. Are you working on sabbath for your own glory or God’s glory? It takes me back to the story of Mary and Martha. Martha was working doing things that need to be done and that can be good. Meanwhile, Mary is listening to Jesus. If Martha was working with intent for God’s glory that whole story would have been different. Whatever we do has to be with intent for God’s glory and His kingdom. Deny ourselves and take up His cross.

1. May Alcorn says:

I agree- it was confusing that the punishment was death, but I think the laws were needed to show they could not do it and needed a Messiah

3. Kacey Jetter says:

Oh the glory of just the back of our Almighty. praise.

4. Annette Kendall says:

Lord let your presence be evident in our lives!

5. Eunice Flo says:

In Matthew 15, Jesus accuses the spiritual leaders for maintaining their traditions (man made) and not the law, so much so that they are making Gods word void! In this passage, Jesus warns the disciples of the “leaven” of the Pharisees which could be a reference to the bad teaching of the Pharisees that had nothing to do with God’s word/law!

6. Emily Morris says:

❤️

7. Kaylen Wilson says:

Agreed!

8. Madison Balint says:

I took multiple things from this reading. When Aaron made the golden calf and told everyone we must worship it. He took control over everything. I took it in to our perspective in today’s world and asked myself what we worshiped? I came up with things like phone computers technology. I realized we spend so much time on that and “worship” them that we never make time for god and put matters into our own hands because we are too impatient to sit and wait for everything he has prepared for us and the blessing he has waiting for us.