The Bible In A Year 43

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Job 41-42, Matthew 5:1-26

96 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 43"

1. JoAnn Foley-DeFiore says:

12-15God blessed Job’s later life even more than his earlier life. He ended up with fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand teams of oxen, and one thousand donkeys. He also had seven sons and three daughters. He named the first daughter Dove, the second, Cinnamon, and the third, Darkeyes. There was not a woman in that country as beautiful as Job’s daughters. Their father treated them as equals with their brothers, providing the same inheritance.
    —interesting!! This is from the Message translation of Job.

2. Emily Morris says:

❤️

3. Mireya Varela says:

I absolutely loved the book of Job ♥️

4. Annette Kendall says:

What an ending to Job! How he treated his daughters was an example of the sin( patriarchy of the day that didn’t honor women) falling away when someone has had an encounter with Christ

1. Natalie Carter says:

Love this!!

5. Casey Hicks says:

❤️

6. Gracie Bonham says:

Done❤️

7. xoesther says:

This is the first time I am posting here! I just wanted to share what I have been going through as I read Job. You see, I have been struggling and wrestling with my inner thoughts as I read Job this month. It seems so trivial, but I’ve been going through some rough times as I study for my DAT (dental admission test) which is this week. I haven’t been getting the scores that I wanted even though I’ve been studying for months and praying for months about this upcoming test.
    I was studying 16 hours a day, only leaving my home for church on Sundays. I could not understand why I wasn’t performing to my standards. But as I read Job, I was reminded that God is a sovereign and omnipotent Lord. And because he is a God of love, he has put me through this trial. I felt convicted that this suffering that God has allowed to happen, was actually the most loving thing that he could have done for me. You see, since the new year started, I’ve been praying for God to refine in me what is righteous, but also to break everything that is sinful within me. As I read Elihu speaking to Job, I’ve realized that unbeknownst to me, I had pride. Pride that I went to a prestigious university, pride that I was going to become a dentist, and pride that I was going to do well on the DAT. But it is because God is so loving that he has humbled me through this process and is continuing to renew me. He is breaking down that pride, which I am so grateful for. And, I am continually reminded that although God has set the path of dentistry for me and my future to glorify him, he cares more about the process of becoming one. He cares more about me more than what my future calling is. I know that God will soon deliver me from my sufferings, and that he will provide a place of rest and peace within my heart. Praise our good good Father!

1. Lala says:

Praying for you! God is good and I hope that you keep listening to Him and searching for Him daily. Best of luck with your path.

2. Erin says:

I remember studying for the OAT (optometry school admissions test) last year and how hard and what a struggle it was. It’s so good to have God in your life helping you through this tough time! Keeping you in my prayers as well. He has a wonderful plan for you!

3. Helen says:

Thank you so much for this. I find myself in a similar situation to yours. I never used to think of myself as being proud. But where I am today, and what you have written just confirmed that I too am going through a process of transformation and I am being humbled everyday.

8. Yamiris says:

Job 42:2 shows me that God’s purpose in our lives is undeniable and unstoppable. I am so excited to live out his purpose for my life and just so amazed and grateful for him giving each and every one of us a purpose!