The Bible In A Year 41

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Job 36-37, Matthew 3

79 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 41"

1. Kara says:

Praying for your student!!

2. Shaina says:

I appreciated the references to the water cycle in Job, and how the waters are evaporated up into the clouds and then poured out as rain. It strengthens my faith in God as the author of the Bible because of its scientific accuracy.

3. 5 God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways;
    he does great things beyond our understanding.

This spoke to me. My heart is aching as today I found out one of my students is homeless. He’s 9 years old. But how great is our God? He sees it all! We can’t fathom his might and although I don’t understand his ways, I know he has a plan.

I ask for you to pray for my student with me, that he and his family find a home.

1. Emily Chen says:

Praying for him! God does have a wonderful plan, even if it doesn’t seem like it right now.

2. Elizabeth says:

I just lifted up the boy and his family in prayer, too. May His loving hand be in them and their storm reflect His glory. <3

3. Kylee says:

I’m going to pray for your student right now. How great is our God that YOU are his teacher, a praying woman who can petition his situation before God! It is an honor to pray for you as well this morning. Love to you!

4. Deb says:

I am praying for this child and his family as well. May this family know the sweetness of God and feel his presence and love.

4. Cora says:

Also, did anyone else notice: “But those who suffer He delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction.” (Job 36:15) what a promise for those hard seasons!!

1. Love this. Truly speaks to me.

2. Blair says:

This really spoke to me as well, especially in my current circumstances.

5. Cora says:

“Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.”(Matthew 3:8) hit me hard tonight! It reminds me that my actions and words should demonstrate His character- and where or when they don’t, I need to repent and ask for Him to change me!

1. Julie says:

Starting to work harder towards demonstrating better character in my daily actions and conversations lately!

6. I keep trying to imagine what it feels like to feel the fullness of God’s love and heart pouring down from the Heavens, and Job 36:27-28 really bring the image to life. God is SO GOOD!

1. Teresa says:

Just fully give your heart to God, sing to him with your whole heart! Then you will feel his love, allow him to fill the empty spaces in your heart, and he will!

7. Jasmine Morgan says:

Read this out loud as if I were preaching to the masses—but I’m really preaching to myself. Ha. Such a POWERFUL message.

1. Bev Brandon says:

“Should God be told I want to speak?” Job 37:20. Job had to wrestle with God on some mighty huge loss. I love that Job told God what was in his heart. God listens and waits for all of us in our pain. And welcomes. And speaks in our affliction. Then. Today. Wooing you to be free.

8. Amy says:

Job 37:21 struck me. We can’t even look directly at the sun, which is God’s creation. Just imagine the power and luminous wonder God has!

1. Teresa says:

Amen! That’s so true! Wow!