The Bible In A Year 40

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Job 34-35, Matthew 2

69 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 40"

1. JanetP says:

I always had trouble relating to Job when I was young. But now in my 40s I look back and see how his trials are possible. I pray to be as steadfast as Job in my life. Im easily swayed by those around me so by surrounding myself with Him!

2. Laurel says:

As a visual person, I’m having a little trouble with Job, but I just found this video very helpful – hope others may as well!

The Bible Project is hoping to create short animations for each book of the Bible…. they’re just starting out, but I find their whole library to be fantastic. Just wanted to share with hopes it resonates with others.

1. Tessa says:

Thank you, Laurel. These videos look awesome! I just saw the one you mentioned above, and it helped me, too.

2. Librarian Laura says:

Thank you for sharing Laurel! I am having trouble with Job.

3. Heidi L says:

Super helpful! Thanks!

4. Anna Lee says:

Much for the video. It was so helpful. I was feeling so lost in the poetry of the words I couldn’t see the message.

3. Myra Grady says:

I love that in Matthew 1-2 it shows such a picture of unquestioning obedience to God. 4 times God instructs Joseph and he simply does as God says. There is no record of a fight or disagreement. He just obeys. I want to be obedient like Joseph!

4. Bella says:

I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazerene

5. Julie says:

Thanks for sharing Stefanie! Lord please don’t leave me alone!

6. Stefanie says:

Ladies I found this five minute video about Job!! Must watch!!

1. Blakers says:

WOW! powerful! this is great- and further helps comprehend Job- challenging book.

2. Gail says:

Thank you for sharing this Stefanie! Powerful!

3. Liz Ergle says:

Thank you! I’ve struggled so much reading Job, and this really helps!

4. Sheri says:

Stefanie, this is incredible!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

5. Savannah says:

Thank you for sharing Stefanie! That video was perfect:

6. Rachel says:

Thank you for sharing this Stefanie!! May the LORD never leave us alone.

7. Amanda says:

I love reading the parallels of Moses and Jesus – both survived infanticide.

8. Sarah says:

I loved reading the “Christmas story” outside of Christmas. It helped me to humanize the story of Jesus’ birth. We usually read this story during one of the happiest times of the year (for some) but reading it now, I can see how terrifying this time was. Those poor mothers who lost their sons! How scared must Mary had been, not to mention exhausted. Thank you, Jesus for all those who lost loved ones and sacrificed safety and comfort to usher you into this world.

1. Kylee says:

So true Sarah — reading it outside of Christmas makes me look at it in a completely different way! As a mother, it must have been horrifying. I’m so thankful for the sacrifice on Mary & Joseph’s part, uprooting so so many times in order to save Jesus’ life! I cannot fathom.