The Bible In A Year 34

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Job 22-24, Galatians 3

119 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 34"

1. Carolyn says:

10 But he knows the way that I take;
    when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. – beautiful promise I am clinging to today –

2. I felt kinda lost reading today but with the comments I feel like I understand so much more now. I am so thankful I found this app.

1. Nicole, we are so happy you are here!

xoxo-Kaitlin for She Reads Truth

2. Jen says:

Nicole, I gain a lot of insight and am encouraged by the comments as well! Biblehub.com is a resource I also use when I need a bit more information about a scripture I’m struggling with.

3. Amanda says:

The law may show us our sins but it will not cleanse us of our sin. Only faith in Jesus, He who took our sin to the cross, can do that.

4. Jolee says:

Galatians 3 just blew my mind. I’m in awe at how much this passage speaks about focusing on a relationship with God instead of ONLY abiding by traditional laws and accustoms. Coming from the Bible Belt (good ol’ Texas), it is hard to not only focus on “traditional” ways of works and laws and rules…especially when this is what I grew up on. Finally learning that God is wanting a RELATIONSHIP with us is increeeeeedible to me. This new covenant is literally telling us to have an intimate relationship with the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. Sorry for being so over dramatic, but it continually blows my mind!

1. Brigetta says:

So true, Jolee! Powerful and humbling that the God who made all of creation, would want a close personal relationship with each of us :)

5. Bev Brandon says:

God knows the way I take. All those good and right things done in secret. Curved outward. Job 23-10-12 Treasuring His Word more than my food. And Job didn’t even have the Written Word. So! Gal 3:1 What bewitches me to curve in, cave in, and crater? May we all find Him in these words, in all our pain.

6. Bev Brandon says:

Oh! Antimony. I’m up over here and just prayed for you! I went thru 7 years of infertility. While I don’t walk in your shoes, I understand a little how hard this must be for you. Isa 30:21 my prayer for you. Hold fast. He is with you and you know it.

7. Antimony says:

I’m about to go totally off topic. And I’m sorry. But the truth is I’m really really struggling tonight. And since you are all ladies … and you don’t know me … I’ve just got to share. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for years. We want a child so badly. Well, one of my friends just announced she was pregnant with their 7th baby. 7! I’m happy for her. But I don’t understand!! Why can she have 7 and I can’t even have 1?? If God did give me this desire for kids, now he’s just rubbing my face in my inability to do so! Surrounded by pregnant women at work. And then people at church give me the ‘look” and ask when we are going to start populating the nursery! I know that may sound petty. But it. Hurts. A lot. Again. Sorry

1. Anna Quinn says:

It doesn’t seem fair to you, at all. But neither did any of what Job encountered. God did those things because He had greater glory coming. He has greater glory coming for you – it’s just gonna take His timing. Maybe He’s teaching patience or maybe He’s teaching you to be content where you are NOW – whatever it is, when the right time comes and He blesses you with your child it’s gonna be worth it, and you’re gonna value that child so much more. Maybe He’s still preparing you. Just trust Him. He’s your Father and He wants you to have the BEST. Only He knows when/what that is. Trust Him. He loves you.

2. Billie says:

Antimony, I haven’t posted before, but I read the comments and appreciate your insights! I don’t dare to try to give advice or platitudes, only say that I’ve been where you are and I’m sorry. I hold you in my heart’s prayers tonight. Much love to you, sweet sister!

3. Rebecca says:

Antimony, my heart breaks for you, though I by no means can say I can relate to the pain you’re feeling. I know though that everything God does is for a purpose and for His greater good. And while we may not understand it and it may hurt at the time, we need to trust that He is looking out for us. He has got your back. Just like He did with Abraham and Sarah. If it’s one thing I’ve learned from all the readings we have done so far is that our God is greater than anything we may face, He can take a broken situation and make it beautifully whole and He NEVER leaves, no matter what.
      Maybe He has given you a desire to love a child right now because there is someone out there who needs your love. Maybe there is some child that feels unloved that Jesus wants you to love on right now. He has a plan – and while we have trouble seeing it at times, that doesn’t mean that He isn’t still at work.
      I know these words don’t ease the pain and the longing for a child. But know that there are many sisters out there who understand your situation, and even those who don’t, who are still praying for you and sending love.

4. Trish says:

Sweet Antimony, I am praying for you and this came to my mind,
      “Grace calls you to get up, throw off your *blanket of hopelessness* (your need for a child of your own??!) and move on through life in Faith. And what grace calls you to do, grace provides! Grace is power.
      Our Lords confidence in God, and in what His grace could do for any man,was so perfect, that He despaired of no one! If our trust is placed in human beings, we shall end in despairing of everyone!”

God bless you and feel the long distance love we all send to your dear. Heart this very moment! In Jesus name we pray, love, Trish

5. Rachel Stokes says:

Almost 20 years ago, my mother had been through 13 miscarriages. She couldn’t understand why God was giving her this desire for a child, yet she couldn’t carry one to term. She knew that God wasn’t telling her no. Well, 20 years ago this November, I was adopted! I may not have grown in my mother’s womb, but I grew in her heart. Do not lose hope! Having a desire for a child is a beautiful thing and can be fulfilled through many avenues. The Lord sees your longing and has a plan.

1. Katie Jane says:

Such a beautiful way to phrase it Rachel! This could be applied to any area of hardship, do not lose hope :)

6. Sheree says:

I am sorry Antimony! My husband and I are going through the same thing and I am so broken hearted. I had my Birthday on Monday and also started my period & the anger and disappoint I felt at that moment just put me to my knees. I am so tired of being sad, and there are times that I feel like it’s destroying me; but this entire situation has brought me closer to my faith . We can’t give up! God has a plan, and he loves us, so I refuse to believe that this mother instinct I have had since I can remember will be put to waste. Stay strong! You will be in my prayers, & I truly feel your headache.

7. Sending love from afar…

Press into God and like he did for Job, I believe he will answer you.

8. Chelsea says:

One way I look at the law is that it helps you see what’s wrong but it doesn’t fix what’s wrong! Galatians 3:18 reminds me that it’s ALWAYS been about grace (God have Abrahams promise in GRACE…not bc of his works). It’s much easier to obey certain laws but much harder to deal with the heart!