The Bible In A Year 29

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Job 11-13, James 4

103 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 29"

1. brightgirl says:

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. I noticed the order here! We have to submit to God BEFORE we try to resist the devil. I’ve been trying to resist without submission and while I may win a few battles I’m still losing the overall war with a particular issue. This was enlightening!

2. Tolu says:

“Oh that you would keep silent, and it would be your wisdom” (Job 13:5). Job just went IN on his friends! They had it right in the very beginning when they sat silently and mourned with Job for 7 days (Job 2:11-13), but things got bad once they opened their mouths and made accusations about why he’s suffering. It’s an interesting parallel with James 4:11-12 which warns against judging others.

1. AnnieB says:

I noticed that verse today too. Reminding me that if I don’t REALLY know, then it’s better not to add my 2 cents worth. Silence can be golden.

3. Kristy says:

James 4:14a…”Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow…” I usually read this verse with the negative connotation I believe it implies: we are not to boast of what we plan to do tomorrow or three years from now because we don’t know what’s going to happen. But today, I read it in a positive connotation–do you feel stuck in life? Feel like you’re waiting for life to begin? Waiting to get married…waiting to find the “one”…waiting for a baby…waiting for the right job opportunity…etc. etc. etc. Take heart! Have hope! Thou knowest not what a day may bring forth! God can LITERALLY change your life in one day’s time!

1. Tolu says:

I love your spin on this! I never thought of that verse in that way.

2. Dallas Ann says:

I’ve often read this verse with a negative connotation as well, but this positive light is JUST what I needed today. Thanks for sharing!

3. garrett says:

Thank you for sharing this thought!

4. Tiffany says: