The Bible In A Year 282

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Hosea 9-11, Romans 11:25-36

10 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 282"

1. SarahMay says:

I feel the heart of the Father is breaking in Hosea 9 when he talks about children going to the executioner or killing precious offspring of their wombs as a result of Israel’s persistent, deliberate disobedience. I cringe reading that part! I’m a neonatologist—my job is to keep babies alive, yet that is not always possible and it is devastating. How severe is the punishment that God would remove the intended joy of childbearing, the hope of a new life. How heavy is the weight of miscarriage and infant and child loss in the light of living in a sinful, imperfect world, where things go wrong and joy is stollen! It seems so unjust. Babies. Children. Innocence. Punished for the deliberate sins of their nation.
    Yet Ch 11 reminds us of God’s love for Israel from the start. He called him out of Egypt (slavery/bondage). He guided and directed them with ropes of love (rather than chains of slavery?). He taught them to walk. He picked them up in his arms. He lifted their burden. He provided nourishment. They refused to return.
    11:8b: “How can I give you up? …My heart is changed within me; all my compassion is aroused.” The pursuit of our Father after His children is so strong here. And we know how He rectified our sin & rebellion—He sent His own Son to die. He wasn’t unaware of the pain. He knew it perfectly in His own Son. Could He have saved us any other way? He chose a way so painful, that hit HIM at the core of His parenthood. I’m just sitting here trying to get it all…

1. AnnieB says:

Wow! God bless you for sharing this. It definitely brings depth of understanding- and emotion to the Word. Thank you!

2. ed sheeran x album says:

As a result you’ll require ultra powerful online enterprise ideas to keep operating in getting into matters right your incredible web-based work. MLM

3. Katrina says:

Romans 11:36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen.

4. Brittany B says:

8 How can I give you up, O Ephraim?
    How can I hand you over, O Israel?
    How can I make you like Admah?
    How can I treat you like Zeboiim?
    My heart recoils within me;
    my compassion grows warm and tender.
    9 I will not execute my burning anger;
    I will not again destroy Ephraim;
    for I am God and not a man,
    the Holy One in your midst,
    and I will not come in wrath. Love how we get to see God’s immense compassion in Hosea!

1. Nicole111 says:

I loved to see his compassion as well.

5. Christina D. says:

29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.
    Such a firm truth to stand on today. Thank you Lord that no matter the changes or uncertainties in life, You have given us gifts and called us as Your own and those can never be taken from us.

6. Laura says:

12 Sow righteousness for yourselves
    and reap faithful love;
    break up your unplowed ground.
    It is time to seek the Lord
    until He comes and sends righteousness
    on you like the rain.
    Thank You Lord! My hope is in You alone!

7. Carie says:

Romans 11:36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen.
    Feels like this simple verse wraps it all up…Israel is his! We are his! No matter how much we act a fool, he will ultimately receive glory in the end because that is the purpose of all things!