The Bible In A Year 26

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Job 2-4, James 1

164 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 26"

1. Jamie Hyatt says:

I LOVE the contrast here, we are truly seeing the difference of a time before Jesus and after when comparing the story of Job and James! God would never tempt Satan in order to prove someone a Godly man, he would never be in communion with Satan in the first place and secondly feel the need to prove anything! That would mean God is prideful and He is not. But that was the belief in a time before Jesus. In James we are reminded and shown why Jesus was important to come to save us and to free us of that way of thinking. / 1: 13-15 / God is impervious to evil and puts evil in no ones way. The temptation to give in to evil comes from us and us only, then 16-18 / There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle.

2. brightgirl says:

I highlighted so many things in James 1! I struggle with being slower to listen and quick to speak and sometimes quick to get offended or angry. I don’t always keep a tight rein on my mouth. I do pray for help with these issues but it never seems to get any easier.

3. Bev Brandon says:

Count it joy—the highest degree of patience. And Job in the highest degree of pain. And they sit 7 days in suffering silence. That’s beautiful. May we be so patient in what God has allowed! I can’t wrap my brain around this kind of loss, Job.

4. Clare says:

I loved this chapter of James. So many great reminders of how to live life like Jesus- quick to hear and slow to speak, to remain steadfast in trial, and be a doer and not just a hearer. Jesus, please change my heart to be more like you!

5. Dedami says:

Count it all Joy!!!!

6. Gabriella says:

23 Anyone who listens to the word but
    does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
    Wow!

7. Yenitza says:

Quick to hear and slow to speak. Words I truly need to remind myself everyday! So quickly we are to speak! I am guilty of it and something I’m asking the lord to help me with on a daily basis.

1. Gabriella says:

I am guilty to

2. Neshia says:

The same goes for me. I need to control my mouth. Help me Lord!