The Bible In A Year 240

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Jonah 1-4, Acts 16:25-40

38 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 240"

1. Ruby says:

I think it’s cool how God is constantly shaping us for the better. When He sends trials and hardship, it’s all for our good (which means being closer to God). The book of Job is also a good example of this. In that one though, Job accepted every tragedy with understanding. But more often I feel like Jonah where as he complained and ran away. Just an interesting thought though that all of God’s work is purposeful in some way or another- even if we don’t understand.

2. Stefanie says:

I totally understand you Veronique! Can I just say tho. don’t worry about being a “better Christian”. It is not a coincidence that you know who God is! He has become present in your life for a reason! Not because of anything you’ve done, but only because He wants you and has chosen you! Your salvation and the love God has for you does not depend on your work! Jesus has already done the work for you! I encourage you to read your bible, not to become a “better” Christian, but to get to know Him more and by getting to know Him more it’ll help you to see how great, how vast God’s love is for you!

3. Veronique says:

I never read past the fish part of Jonah, but then again i never really read my bible. It sat on my shelf collecting dust as a trophy of being a Christian when I allowed my flame to wither and fade … recently I started praying again and went to church again( the first time in years) . I can see myself as Jonah i tend to see more wonders every day but i have caught myself being afraid of my religion in public its as if i have something to be afraid of if my religion doesn’t match the religion of the person im talking to… maybe its because im young and inexperienced. But i know that i can be a better Christian… ive been constantly crying these past days and im super emotional I even went as far as denying my Lord when i was questioned about it and im sooo ashamed

1. Charlie says:

It’s hard being new in your faith! I get nervous talking to people about being a Christian because I don’t want to stumble or mislead anyone. All I can say is pray!! Pray and read your Bible. Study what you can. You will be amazed one day when you feel more confident. Also- talk to your new pastor, they might be able to guide you. I pray it gets easier for you ❤️

1. Veronique says:

2. Stefanie says:

4. Stephanie says:

Thank you Tammy! Your prayers mean a lot to me

5. Tammy says:

Stephanie I am praying that God will show Himself to you in very specific, personal ways today. He made you, He loves you, He sees you, He knows you.