The Bible In A Year 24

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Job 1-2, John 21

137 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 24"

1. brightgirl says:

It stood out to me this time that God is the one who starts the conversation with Satan about Job. “Have you considered my servant Job?” It was not Satan’s idea that God went along with, but rather all was part of God’s plan.

1. Lorraine says:

That’s a good point. (Sorry. I’m starting the reading plan way late in the year). I’ve also noticed in scripture that any time God asks a question, it is rhetorical (i.e.: in the garden when he asked them why they were hiding). And Satan is not all knowing, but he had an answer right away about Job. I think God already knew that Satan was considering Job. What a compliment that is to Job. It’s like God was saying, “hey, I know you’re considering my boy Job, but trust me when I say that he will remain faithful.” He had so much confidence in Job.

2. Tolu says:

Like Peter, I often become more focused on what God is doing in others’ lives than on what He has called me to do. Jesus’ response is powerful: “You follow me!” (John 21: 15-22)

3. Kalanineiko Zacharias says:

Man, Job is so good! Ahh! Come on!

4. Chandra says:

It’s early, but I’m perplexed at how Satan could be in God’s presence?? How is that possible? The whole scene of God with the angels having a sit down and Saran coming in—has anyone heard exposition on this passage?

1. Emily says:

Hey Chandra, I’ve been doing a bit of research to help try and explain this to you but I’m not sure if I’ve got it all right. Here’s what I found though:
      Satan does not have open access to God’s presence. He can be summoned by God but those visits are only temporary and are for the purpose of being presented before God along with the other angels, which he used to be one of.
      Yes, we hear/say that “God cannot be in the presence of sin but, from what I’ve read, He cannot allow human beings who are still in their sin to live in His presence”.
      Satan was one of God’s angels but his son drove him out of heaven while he waits his final judgement. Until then, there appears to be ‘assessment’ periods where God brings forth all of His angels for reports on their “completed assignments”.
      I don’t know if that’s what you were looking for or if it helps at all but they are just a few things I stumbled across while trying to help you here.

1. Cocowat says:

Job is written in a style of Hebrew poetry

2. Chandra says:

Emily, thank you for this!!! I asked my husband about it and he said that God allowed him in—which is just hard to fathom, but ultimately it was unto his glory, that he would be glorified in Job’s life.
        I appreciate so much your words and the effort you put into finding info!!! :)

5. Kaitlyn says:

I love how the Word of God is new each and every time I read it. This verse stuck out to me. He truly has done so many amazing things! 25 Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

1. Emily says:

I love this verse too! What we know of His works are incredible and yet that is just the tip of the iceberg. It will be so amazing to one day be able to hear about ALL of His works when we get to heaven!

2. Tolu says:

I loved that ending, too!

6. Savannah says:

God, help me not to be resentful when I feel like I’ve been wronged. I don’t know the Lord’s plans, and
    everything I have is His. He gave me everything, and it is His to take away as He sees fit.

7. Carrie Jones says:

This brings so much comfort. I love the story of Job. We lost a daughter and it truly makes you question so many things. One of which is, what have I done wrong? Have I not prayed enough? Am I not a good enough Christian? And then this reminds me that the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I am no better than anyone else to have a tragedy occur. Instead of why me, I ask why not me? This really brings comfort. Even through grief and suffering, I’ve been able to count my blessings and THAT is a blessing in itself. Satan is a thief of joy. One can choose to continue to praise God throughout suffering, or let Satan win. Boy, is it a tough road! But praise Jesus for always being by my side!

1. Stephanie Harford says:

Carrie, I’m so sorry to hear that you have lost your sweet girl. Not that apologies take away the pain, but Jesus truly is the comforter of all. It is so encouraging to hear how you are overcoming this suffering and it really puts into perspective the difficult moments when I have wanted to turn away from God. Satan shall not prevail, but to God be all power, and glory, and honor forever. Amen.

1. Carrie Jones says:

Thank you Stephanie! Jesus truly is the comforter. Blessings to you!

8. Kirsten says:

I’m so looking forward to someday being able to hear Jesus and those who witnessed all his miracles that we do not know about tell all of those stories. Good thing we have all of eternity since the whole world could not hold all the works that Jesus did :)