The Bible In A Year 23

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Genesis 49-50, John 20

85 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 23"

1. Tolu says:

Jesus is FOR us. He made the ultimate sacrifice so that we could join the family. “…go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.” (John 20:17b). That statement is SO powerful!

2. Librarian Laura says:

And why do Biblical scholars speculate that Mary didn’t recognize Jesus at first?

1. Ashley says:

14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
      15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
      16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

She though that he was a gardener, which is why Bible scholars say she didn’t recognize him at first.

3. Librarian Laura says:

What does it mean when Jesus says that the disciplines can choose to not forgive people?

1. Kathleen says:

Maybe if they haven’t repented.

4. Kari says:

31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Amen.

5. Blair Smith says:

It’s truly amazing to see how things transpired and how when she was weeping he said for her not to weep. Jesus is so good to us and doesn’t want us to cry. My favorite is when he said have you believed because you seen me? Blessed are those who believe but have not seen. And it is true seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing.

6. Lisa Ann says:

Yesterday I was grieving and sad for the treatment and death of our Savior. Today I reflected on my personal walk of faith, still thirsting, still hungry for more truth and that this app helps to explain what I had not understood before or that other women of faith share their understanding or point out something I missed reading, and yes ask questions that I have not asked because I did not want to feel stupid. The word brings us closer to God and our Lord but it is also building their church.

7. Chika says:

The gravity of our responsibility always overwhelm me whenever I read this verses…21-23. When have so much to do and God has trusted us with so much. I pray we do not disappoint Him.