The Bible In A Year 218

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Proverbs 5-6, Acts 5:17-42

42 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 218"

1. ed sheeran songs list says:

I went over this internet site and I think you have a lot of fantastic info , saved to fav (:.

2. AnnieB says:

Welcome Iliana! I got off track this week with vacation. Im catching back up- loving proverbs and acts! Makes me want to read more than one day anyway! And i absolutely appreciate these women who have bern commenting, teaching, sharing their insight and their own lives all along the way. We are glad you are with us!

3. Iliana Molina says:

This is my first day using this app, and so far so good! I love reading your comments it helps me to understand these words better.

4. Abigail McQueen says:

“They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus and let them go. The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.” – Acts 5:40-41

How amazingly powerful! These men were beaten and inflicted with pain and, after suffering in front of the Sanhedrin, when most people would feel afraid, insecure, humiliated even, the apostles REJOICED! How great an honour it is to ‘suffer for the Name’! Today, as we live our lives, we are constantly hurt by things people say and do, but we must live for God, and then we will rejoice that we may be honoured in suffering for the Name!

“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” – Matthew 10:28

1. AnnieB says:

❤️

5. SarahMay says:

Prov 5:21 “For a man’s ways are before the Lord’s eyes, and He considers all his paths.” This should be at the TOP of the Proverb (and on our minds…). Reminds me of that Sunday School song, “Oh be careful little eyes/ears/hands/feet/hearts what you see/hear/do/where you go/feel…”

Following godly discipline yields:
    -maintained discretion
    -preserved knowledge
    -enjoying the blessings of youth (for some, this is a spouse)
    -being satisfied and captivated by God’s plan (sorry–I can’t relate this to marriage yet!) :)

Following worldly influence yields:
    -bitterness
    -relationships that cut like a sword
    -feet going to death
    -steps to the grave (yikes)
    -crooked, unstable, ignorant paths
    -giving your best strength to others (not the Lord!)
    -giving your years to those who are cruel (& don’t care about you)
    -strangers enjoy your wealth
    -your work’s reward will be spent by someone foreign, not who you intended to benefit from your earnings
    -groaning, physical exhaustion
    -looking back, regretting hating discipline & correction
    -not obeying or hearing (taking to heart) instruction
    -ruin before everyone important to you
    -captivated by something/someone that belongs to another (covetousness/lust/greed)
    -embracing one who belongs to another (adultery, idolatry)
    -ensnared by your evil deeds
    -strangled by the cords your sin
    -dying for lack of discipline
    -led astray by your own foolishness

Let’s choose to follow godly discipline & wisdom. The road is narrow, difficult, and unpopular, but it leads to life, joy, and abundance.

1. Darlisha says:

Thank you SarahMay. I’m struggling to decide what I should do with my career. Your bullet about giving your best strengths to other and not the Lord really struck me. Even though I work in the nonprofit sector, it doesn’t mean my work is aligned with my purpose. Ladies please help me pray that the Lord reveals my reason for design and the purpose for my life.

1. SarahMay says:

Praying for wisdom & insight for you, Darlisha!

2. AnnieB says:

Praying, Darlisha.

6. Kylee says:

“…Rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name.” Beaten. Tried. Told not to preach in Jesus’ name and YET STILL they rejoice in their suffering! Lord that we would all have hearts like apostles, knowing it is YOU who justify and see our hearts. Let them beat us as our hearts beat all the more steadily for You!