The Bible In A Year 211

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

2 Kings 24-25, Acts 2:1-21

35 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 211"

1. E Hong says:

“everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” -ellie

2. Jasmine R says:

I can’t help but to think of the different reigns of the Kings as generational curses, when the scripture says that they did everything evil in the Lord’s sight, just as their father had done…or just as a previous family member had done. Has anyone else ever looked at it that way? Anyhow, it kinda makes me ponder and gives me the desire to want to be mindful of the things I’m doing…I want to be the one in my family to break generational curses and begin a new normal in my family that will carry on for years to come!

3. Sharon Ide says:

See the kindness of God’s sovereign hand which keeps Johoiachin and Peter both. One a faithful king who is restored to the favor of man for his faithfulness, another restored to the rock of the church after betraying his Lord.

4. Stephanie says:

Hey Amanda, are you referring to how it goes into Acts of the Apostles?

5. Amanda says:

Anyone know why at the end of kings chapter 25, it goes into a short devo and mentions Jesus Christ? I think this is a glitch or something on my app. Can anyone else see what I mean?

1. Jen says:

I think that’s just part of the Message version, which is much more of a paraphrase version of the Bible.

6. Blakers says:

Agreed! Kings has been hard for me to follow in parts. It gives me hope, though, that there were so many leaders that came and went and that God was still present and there- if only they would follow Him! The same for today: we have so many leaders, some better or stronger than others… so we must pray that God will provide guidance that they will heed!

7. Sarah says:

I often lose track and have to re-read. It’s tough to keep track of which King is which. I figure if I get the overall story then I am doing pretty good. I often check online for any questions I have and the background information helps a lot. For instance I was reading online yesterday background about them sacrificing their own children to their idols and today when it spoke of them being punished for “shedding innocent blood” I understood how detestable the sin was to God. So detestable that he said it never even crossed his mind that we would be capable of doing that. I am careful out of compassion to not stand in judgement but I couldn’t help but be reminded as we spoke of shedding innocent blood how our abortion epidemic must grieve the lord since he clearly detests the shedding of innocent blood.