The Bible In A Year 202

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

2 Kings 4-6, Philemon

26 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 202"

1. Kenyetta Pierre says:

The Shunammite woman had great faith in the man of
    God!!!

2. SarahMay says:

It’s interesting to me how the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, but blinded the eyes of the Arameans. Similar (but opposite) miracles in a sense. And the healing of Naaman vs. his servant being struck with the skin disease due to his greed. It’s interesting to compare–the miracle isn’t about one person’s response, but affects the community.

3. Jenna says:

Naaman came to the prophet and was angry and discouraged when he wasn’t cured right away. He was hurting and troubled and wanted an easy fix, which I can so relate to. When I’m going through a difficult time I often wish everything would change for the better and, like naaman says, for God to just wave his hand over me and make the pain go away. but as I’ve seen throughout the bible our struggles aren’t without purpose and instead of simply praying for everything to get better, I need to ask God to guide me and help me do what is right in his eyes, even if it’s hard. Like naaman I’ve had doubts, but I pray that I can let go of my need to always understand and control my circumstances, that I can have faith & trust in gods plan for me, that I can turn my hardships into blessings, that I can do the right thing even when it’s hard, so that i can live the life he’s intended for me

4. Sarah says:

I read a study about Naaman that pointed out how he was stubborn in the way he wanted healing that he almost bypassed his own healing. I wonder how many times stubborn in my own ways of how things should be I have bypassed an opportunity to have a blessing?

1. TeachAmy says:

Agreed! I so often try to do things in my own strength and power!

5. Madison says:

15 Perhaps the reason he was separated from you for a little while was that you might have him back forever— 16 no longer as a slave, but better than a slave, as a dear brother. He is very dear to me but even dearer to you, both as a fellow man and as a brother in the Lord.

17 So if you consider me a partner, welcome him as you would welcome me. 18 If he has done you any wrong or owes you anything, charge it to me.
    -Philemon 1:15-18
    When I read this portion it reminded me of the Prodigal son reading it, by welcoming home another member of Christ. I can’t help, but this is exactly what Jesus would be telling Our holy Father when He died for our sins.

6. Candy Diaz says: