The Bible In A Year 20

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Genesis 41-42, John 17

94 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 20"

1. Tiffany says:

John 17 is beautiful.

John 17: 9-26 are the most beautiful verses of the Bible that I have read so far… Jesus says, “I am praying for them.” Jesus prayed for his disciples. His small group. He didn’t stop at praying for those he loved most, those who were closest to him. He continues to pray for every single one of us that would follow that original small group. He was facing unavoidable death, but He prayed for every single one of us.

2. Tolu says:

The fact that it took two years for the cupbearer to remember Joseph and tell Pharaoh about him but have been hard on Joseph. I wonder how many days he spent thinking that any moment he’d be released, completely unaware of the fact that the cupbearer immediately forgot him. At the same time, it seems like the timing wouldn’t have been ideal earlier either. If the cupbearer remembered Joseph and told Pharaoh about him right when he had been released, I can’t help but wonder if Pharaoh would have just passed it off as a cool trick but still left him in prison. It wasn’t until Pharaoh himself needed Joseph’s help to interpret his dreams that everything was set into motion. This whole scenario made me thinking about the fact that although waiting can be hard, God truly does have a time for everything.

1. AnnieB says:

Ugh. Yes. Waiting…

2. brightgirl says:

Amen!

3. Jennifer Wilde says:

This is such wonderful insight! Thank you for sharing sharing,Tolu

3. Lisa Ann says:

GLORY to our Father let my thoughts, actions, words from mouth, and path that I walk today and if I have a tomorrow bring you GLORY. Jesus encourage me, strengthen me, power me up to change impossible into I am possible. Love, Peace and Joy to my family and church of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen