The Bible In A Year 150

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

2 Samuel 7-8, Luke 1:1-25

29 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 150"

1. Sharon Ide says:

I love David’s reaction to God’s promises for him. He recognizes God’s greatness and that his gifts are given from his own heart, that his people may know Him and who He is!

2. Aicha says:

#365DaysofTruth: this is an account of the Lord’s faithfulness! He promised and He will surely deliver!

3. Stephanie says:

Yes Yamiris! Looking forward to reading more from the prophets

4. Yamiris says:

I love that you can see Jesus in the Old Testament, he is the Son of God! 2 Samuel 7:11-14

5. pvboettcher says:

I absolutely am so excited about 2 Sam.7:12-16! You know there is some who are teaching in my Bible school that you shouldn’t look at scripture christologicaly all the time, and they pointed it out when we read this passage.. I was so mad! “Well, Christ didn’t commit iniquity..” Seriously, he was treated as if He had committed sin look at these verses: He was chastised for our iniquities (Isaiah 53:5), God put our sins on Him (verse 6), numbered along with the transgressors (verse 12), He made him to be sin who knew no sin to be sin for us (2 Cor. 5:21).. I don’t know what the point of looking at scripture without seeing Christ or God’s goal of salvation.. I thought I’d share in case you are approached with the same teaching..

1. Hesaved83 says:

Pvboettcher, sorry but honestly that is false teaching & you’re doing right by sticking with what the Word of God says!!! (Eph 4:14, 2 Tim 2:15)

6. Antimony says:

Luke, the doctor. Love his detail and his compassion for those who were sick

7. Gabrielle says:

12 When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

Wow God is constantly paving the way for Jesus! Tonight I learned about the term “prolepsis.” It means, not yet now. It is the idea that all that will be, already is. That the church is a foreshadow of heaven to come. So as believers we live in a joyful confidence of God’s kingdom. So through our churches we are supposed to live actively in our communities. To reach out and be the church. This passage reminds me of that. Since Jesus is, Jesus always was, and always will be.

1. Hesaved83 says:

Gabrielle, my pastor preached on same message today :)

8. I don’t really see what I was suppose to learn from these two stories

1. Pam Blum says:

Danielle, I think both stories illustrate how as believers we have got trust God and His plan even though we don’t always know what it is. David wanted to build a temple for God and was then told he couldn’t because his son was meant to do it. Zechariah had to trust that he really would have a son.