The Bible In A Year 150

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

2 Samuel 7-8, Luke 1:1-25

29 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 150"

1. Emily Kathryn says:

“Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house that you have brought me thus far?” Such a powerful reminder to be thankful where we are in our journey!

1. Shannon Roe says:

This stood out to me, too! Love this. He has already brought us so far. And how Faithful He is!!!

2. Laura says:

I am reminded from this passage in 2 Samuel and throughout the Bible that life is a constant journey. It was quite a journey for David to become king. A lot of times in life I desire to be “settled” but I’ll never truly be settled until I am in heaven. May I enjoy the journey God has for me.

1. Leah Swindon says:

I agree Laura! I heard a great lesson once about the time from when David was anointed to appointed. It wasn’t instant, it was a journey. God’s timing is perfect..enjoy the journey!

2. Christina D. says:

Laura thank you for the reminder about being “settled.” Such a good word.

3. Terri-Kate says:

I love the fact that John’s history has been recorded for us! His humble parents, their flaws, and their joys make me reflect on my own tiny family today and how much God has seen fit to bless me, like David reflects on 2 Samuel.

4. Sal says:

22 ‘For this reason You are great, O Lord God; for there is none like You, and there is no God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
    God is great, He is like no other and there is no one other than our God! Lord, I need the reminder that it is only you… Not me, not any other person…Only you. May my hours be spent trusting you!

1. Laura says:

Amen! I highlighted this verse as well

5. Ali says:

PS I don’t think there is an official hashtag for this plan but I know some people are using #srt365 so I’ll be using that on Instagram occasionally if anyone else wants to do that! I’m @veggielawyer :)

1. Justine Fern Jacobsen says:

awesome! I’ll be on the lookout for the hashtag!

2. Leah Swindon says:

Thx Ali!! I will use that too! I’m @seattlespinner on IG

3. Pam Blum says:

I just looked up the hashtag in the news section because I thought they gave one and it’s #365DaysOfTruth, along with #SheReadsTruth. :-)

6. Ali says:

I love reading about Elizabeth!! Hers is one of my favorite stories in the Bible because I just love how it reminds us that God has awesome plans for each of us!

7. Grace says:

Amen – these chapters illustrate how Good and Awesome God is. Every promise He makes, He will fulfil because He is just and not a man that He should lie. God heaped so many blessings upon David and he made Elizabeth pregnant in her old age. My prayer from this is that I would not doubt whatever comes from God like Zechariah but just trust Him wholeheartedly.

8. concretegirl says:

wow, this was exactly what I needed to be reminded of today… of God’s “steadfast love” for his people and his faithfulness! Both stories are filled with desires and promises and God’s greatness and love shines through. He HEARS and SEES and He is GOOD!

1. Shirl says: