The Bible In A Year 123

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Psalms 52-54

12 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 123"

1. Antonia says:

Ive seen it translated as “exalt”.

2. Angie Du Plessis says:

Selah means stop, ponder on what you have heard.

3. Leigh Ann says:

What does Selah mean? I googled the translation as weight or measure. Any thoughts?

1. Ane S says:

Hi Leigh Ann, Selah means: be still and know :)

4. Antimony says:

P53:1 “The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God’, they are corrupt, & have committed abominable injustice; there is no one who does good”. Only a fool would claim that there is no God. Evidence is everywhere. We can think He doesn’t care about us. Or that He hates us. Etc. But you can’t really make a case for Him not existing

5. I love psalm 52:9. I looked up a commentary and noticed that “hope in your name” can also be read as “wait expectantly in your name.” Makes me think about what I am waiting for and also HOW I am waiting. Am I enduring with patience, am I trusting God to come through, am I resting in the Lord? Or am I grumbling, questioning, and doubting his provision? My prayer for this morning for us all is that we do more than just complain or hope for the best. I pray that we wait with EXPECTANCY that God will come through and get us to where we need to be!

1. mybelle101 says:

I love this, Jessie… such a good reflection. I also love the tense in verse 9: “You HAVE DONE it”. It’s finished, the battle is already won. He is faithful! It reminds me of Joshua 21:45 from a few days ago. God keeps His promises, and we can trust in that!

2. Lauren Bourgeois says:

Amen!! So good

6. Yana says:

Ps 52:8 But I am like an olive tree
    flourishing in the house of God;
    I trust in God’s unfailing love
    for ever and ever.

Pa 54:4 Surely God is my help;
    the Lord is the one who sustains me.

I can’t imagine what a day would be like without my Heavenly Father. Who would hold me up when I am invisibly falling? Who would cheer me on at each personal baby step I take that only He knows. Who would give me peace at the end of the day and restful sleep? I am truly blessed.

1. Christina D. says:

Beatify I thoughts and words. We are truly blessed.

2. Leah Swindon says:

Those were the same verses I marked…what a beautiful image!!

3. Mary Kauffmann says:

Truly blessed how comforting.