app update: mockups!

from the app update: mockups! reading plan

BY She Reads Truth

Remember that time you girls raised enough money to build an amazing, custom Bible app in less than one day? Yes, that.

Well, dear friends, it’s happening – it’s really happening!! Our designer and developer have put the pedal to the metal and they are working insane hours to build the beautiful, functional app we envisioned. Each time we get a new mockup of the design, our hearts leap for joy and we thank God for you. True story.

So…. want to see some of what we’ve seen?!? We’ve been dying to show you.

Here’s a peek at the search feature. See on the right how it indicates whether your result is a reading plan or a journal entry, etc?

SRT-search

And this happy little animation is a part of the “onboarding” process. (Yes, we’re getting an app-building education as we go!). This (or something similar to this) is what you’ll see when you download and open the app for the first time. Like a little tutorial of all of the features!

It’s important to us that the app looks great, but it’s also super important that anyone who uses it knows just what to do!

onboarding-bible-1

And these happy little screens are what you’ll see if you want to browse and download lock screens (!!!!) and what it will look like just before you begin a new reading plan.

app sneak peek

Pardon our excitement, but…. SQUEEEEEEE!!!

We love so much where this is heading. And we hope so much that you do, too!

Now. Bask in the glow of these beautiful sneak peeks. Read some scripture and talk to the Lord and take just a minute to breathe. Then go spend a wonderful Saturday with your people or your coworkers or a really, really good book. We’ll do the same.

See you here tomorrow for a lock screen and Monday for the start of the Nehemiah study!

xoxo-
the SheReadsTruth team

44 thoughts on "app update: mockups!"

1. Natalia says:

I can't wait !!!!!!!!!

2. ClaireB says:

Seem like forever ago that I found you on YouVersion and started following you studies on there. Can't wait for where we are being led.

3. Steph_Lilac says:

Woooooohoooooo!!! It has been such a joy and honor to watch where God is taking this ministry. I have seen for others and myself the growth that SRT's Spirit-filled devotions have initiated!! It is something special to see the hand of God moving and kicking doors wide open for SRT. I know the future holds so much more and I'm just happy to be along for the ride. Oh also, Happy early Mother's Day to all the Mama's!! xoxo

4. Amanda says:

This looks gorgeous!
    Quick question, and maybe you’ve already answered this, but, what translations are you planning on?

5. Maya says:

I didn't think to ask this before, but, will there be an audible bible? I love to listen to the word.

6. AnnaLee says:

Ahh I love this!! When I get enough money/right conditions for a new plan, this is just another reason to get a smartphone and become apart of all of it!! Praise Jesus for how He's continually growing and changing SRT!! Like the girls above I've always loved the artsy, classy, simple, feminine, gentle, pretty, honest look of She Reads Truth, and your lockscreens are neither cheesy nor trying to be too worldly. I'm just really thankful for such an Godly, honest body of women here!! Praise Him!!! Have a great day, girls. I pray He'd use you in big ways and that you'd submit to His lead!!! Amen. :)

1. Courtney says:

I agree 100%. :)

2. Stacy says:

Hi Anna Lee!

I JUST got my 1st "smart" phone & I am 53 years young! My previous phones were "stupid" phones. However, I'll probably just keep up with SRT on my ipad…because Apple still doesn't make their iPhones with large enough screens – for us baby boomers who are "vision challenged". :)

1. AnnaLee says:

Hey Stacy! That's awesome :) I need to get an iphone, and soon! same with an ipad. I have too many ebooks to download :)

7. Brittany says:

GORGEOUS!!!!! And the lock screens too?! I LOVE IT!!!

8. Rebekah Mann says:

I can’t wait!!! Will this app be open to window phones, too? I really hope so!