#SheSharesTruth | commissioned moments

from the The Risen Christ reading plan

BY She Reads Truth

Happy Friday, friends! We are so excited about today’s #SheSharesTruth exercise – we’ve been looking forward all week to hearing your stories!

On Day 3 our study of The Risen Christ, Debbie Eaton challenged us with this reflection on Matthew 28:16-20:

Why do we live in the tension of worship and doubt that disables us to share the truth of God’s love?

You and I are commissioned – authorized by God – to “therefore go and make disciples” who will know Him and live for Him. This is a commandment from Jesus.

Today’s #SheSharesTruth assignment is this:

What holds you back from being available for commissioned moments? When have you experienced a commissioned moment and how did you witness God’s supernatural power at work? Pray and ask God to present a commissioned moment, then let’s share our stories and encourage one another.

Will you share your story with us today, dear Sisters? Big or small, glamorous or decidedly not — we want to hear how God is teaching you to live out your calling to share the gospel with your words and actions.

She Shares Truth

Here’s the scoop on how to participate:

• Write your devotional/reflections/response to the above question on “commissioned moments” on your personal blog. (Or on Instagram or Facebook! with the hashtags #SheSharesTruth and #SheReadsTruth; or even write the comments section here.)
    • Link to this post so your readers can know about the #SheSharesTruth experiment too.
    • Share the link to your post/Facebook update/Instagram below in the LinkyTool below.
    • Visit each other’s links – at least one or two (maybe the two people who linked up before you?). Comment there – tell them you see them and hear them!
      **Please share your heart, sisters. Our desire is not for this to be a time of comparison or sizing up writing abilities or spiritual maturity. Eloquence and insight are lovely, but we know that is not the thing our God calls us to. So, let’s not call each other to that either. Sister, if you feel ill-equipped – GOOD! If you feel like you have so much to learn – GREAT. SO DO WE! Every single time we sit down to write. And if we don’t, are hearts are not in the right place. Let this be a safe place to learn and share and love each other WELL.

If you’re new to the #SheSharesTruth link up, you can read more about the heart behind it here.

48 thoughts on "#SheSharesTruth | commissioned moments"

1. brynbodayletest says:

Hey bryn….

2. EssieJean says:

I've finally made my post. So glad the link list stays open this long :) http://todayismyfavorite.blogspot.com/2014/05/she

3. Jordan says:

is this #SheSharesTruth event going to go on past Lent (or, since Lent is over, past this bible study)? I really hope so, I have LOVED it. Haven't had time to participate via blog due to college craziness, but now I'm home and can write/blog! Yay! :)

4. This is something one of my devotionals shared for today, May 4th … that goes with this and perhaps someone needs to hear this

FROM THE FATHER'S HEART

My Child, the Father decided long ago how He would show His love to all people – including you. Commissioned and anointed by Him, I understood My mission. Heaven sang at My birth, and hell trembled at My death and resurrection. You, too, have the anointing of My Father upon your life. As a child of God, you have been commissioned to continue the work of grace I began. Let My power run free in your life today!"

from Rebecca Barlow's "Daily in Your Presence" you can go there and read the "Grateful Response" to the Anointed One but this "Simple Truth" from her needs to be shared:

"Anointing always follows His appointing."

This is what I believe for each one of you after reading about your "commissioned moments" … hold on or grab onto this as you listen to what God is laying on your heart. It's probably something right where you are for such a time as this. God has a mission for you and you are appointed and anointed!

Have a blessed SONday as you dwell and meditate/memorize this beautiful weekly truth today from John 20:29! Once again thanks for sharing in the comments and on your blogs.

God bless you in Christ's peace,
    Peggy

5. Dee says:

I’m in a class with a professed atheist. The class just so happens to be in a theology class in our Associates program at a catholic university taught by a free Methodist pastor. None of that matters just giving a visual. I want to approach her as I don’t really think she is a true atheist and God is tugging at my heart to ready out to her. I need suggestions on how to do this. Mostly PRAYER for Him to open the door of opportunity for me.

6. Jennifer says:

What holds me back from commissioned moments? Myself, the fear of the unknown, fear of rejection. We all know that the spirit of fear is not of God. I am my own worst enemy.
    My commissioned moment… Being a mom to 2 baby girls, 3 and 2. It was never my plan to be a stay at home mom, or a mom at all. God had a very different plan and I'm so thankful that He did. The devil got between my husband and I and these two babes wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for God's divine intervention into our marriage. We had one little girl and found out 9 months later that I was pregnant again. I was working full time on a job that I felt persecuted in. My boss was racist, sexist, mentally unstable and I was the recipient of many of his lashing out. God knew that I needed to be delivered from that situation and He created a way by letting us become pregnant again so soon after my first was born. Since then, I have never looked back, He has created so many special opportunities for me and my family…it's not been easy, but God is faithful and He will continue to see the work that He started complete!

7. mandypete720 says:

my commissioned moment… I think I may have shared this earlier this week, but my mom is going through a lot of stuff right now, and for a few years I have been praying for her and reminding her of God's love for her. At times, I think I even found myself getting frustrated because I felt like she wasn't listening to me, but I just needed to constantly remind myself that it was God's timing and not mine. Well since my recent discovery of She Reads Truth I realized that she could REALLY benefit from this. That this community of ladies could really be of great help to her in life. So i shared with her what I was reading the other day (it was the post about Jesus knowing how all of our pieces fit together– I knew that'd be perfect for her), and she loved it! I told her how she can navigate the site, how she can subscribe and get emails, and how much of a blessing SRT can be. I was so happy that I began to cry, and even typing this I'm crying. She was so far down the wrong path for such a long time, and even though I knew it wasn't too late, I knew that it was going to take a lot to get her back on the right road. Well, God has broken her recently, and I am so excited to see how it plays out and how He fits all her pieces together. I praise Him for leading me to this website and working in me SO MUCH in just a little over a weeks time. And I pray that He gives me more of these "commissioned moments," or commissioned OPPORTUNITIES, if you will. :) His working is always so exciting!

1. Praise God! may God complete and finish the good work (Phil. 1:6) started in you and now your mom! That's so exciting! Many blessings as these opportunities continue to open and bring healing and change! My prayers go with you both.

8. Renée says:

I fear speaking about my faith because of my past. I was a backsliden Christian and an adulteress, and when I think about speaking, Satan throws those things back in my face. I feel like people who knew me at that time will see me as a fraud, not as a person changed by Christ.

As a public school teacher, I hide behind the legality of what I “can’t” say.

But stories like Gema’s about the man in the bus make me cry, so I think God is working on my heart.

1. mandypete720 says:

God is definitely working on your heart, sister! :) And praise the Lord for that! It's so good that you know that it's the DEVIL throwing those things back in your face. And don't be afraid to open up here. It's only the Lord's job to judge you. If it makes it any easier for you, I was really backsliden Christian a few years back abusing alcohol, living a double life, and cursing God's name, and even after I sought out the Lord and His forgiveness, it took me a long time to be able to move on. But when I finally realized what you know– that it was the devil throwing those things in my face– I was on the right track. One of the most beautiful things about Christ is His forgiveness. He can forgive the most horrible of sins and still love us just the same. When He forgives our sins the slate is wiped completely clean and He remembers them no more. Plus, going through crappy things is not necessarily a bad thing. One day you might come across someone who is in a stage in life that you are in now, and they might need to hear your story of how you overcame with God's love.

2. May God continue to complete His work in you, and so glad also that you know it's satan throwing that in your face… cuz "there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" … read about His compassion over and over for adulteresses and all sinners, it's covered by His blood. Just receive it and His love and be free. You re not a "fraud" justlike me, we are sinners saved by grace! You are changed and changing. Love and prayers (as a former "backslidder Christian" like you, I know) Hold on, believe and have faith! Peggy