The Bible In A Year 3

from the The Bible In A Year reading plan

Genesis 7-9, John 3

518 thoughts on "The Bible In A Year 3"

1. Josie Martin says:

Whenever I read about the Great Flood, I think about how the massive power would have drastically changed the earth. Mountains would be pushed up, canyons would be carved, forest would be petrified, creatures fossilized. Which is exactly what we find on earth and the fossil record.

2. Chelsea Corbin says:

Reading this has reminded me how we forget that we have the Lords forgiveness. No matter what I do if I truly wish to change the Lord our God is always there ready to welcome my soul and wash me clean.

3. Makenzie Mason says:

❤️

4. Rachel Novak says:

John 3:30 “He must increase, and I must decrease.” This is such a beautiful verse and something that I desperately need help with. Would someone please pray that I have the strength to change my ways in order to hallow God’s name throughout the Earth? Thank you!

1. Talley Kyle says:

I didn’t catch that reading through it the first time those words are hard to hear but I have to trust they are true and right

5. Shelby Campbell says:

John 3:16 ❤️ the most important part of our story on Earth. Can someone please explain to me the story of Noah cursing Canaan? The actions of the sons seem good-willed… so why was Noah so upset? Ham did not purposely see his father naked, but he was punished for it? Any insight would be helpful!

1. Rachel Gallenkamp says:

I was wondering the same thing…

2. Jennifer Fontenot says:

I’m new at reading the Bible and was wondering the same thing. But rereading it,

22And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father and told his two brothers outside.

Didn’t Canaan see the father (Ham) and then told his brothers, who were the ones to cover there father (Ham) up, not Canaan. So Canaan technically gossiping?

3. Melanie M says:

Hi there are many ideas on this but it’s speculated that the line of Canaan was cursed. It’s a complicated answer and I would recommend searching the Blue Letter Bible for more detail. Happy Resurrection Day!

4. Angelica Boekhouder says:

I asked a friend and he said: If we see people of God going through something we don’t have to expose them. Which Ham did cause he went and called, his brothers to see (expose) his father.

Ham could have cover his father without letting other know but he chose to expose him.

6. Olivia Sheffield says:

I cannot imagine how scared Noah’s family must have been to see the rain and get on the boat knowing what the Lord had told Noah about flooding the earth. I admire their faithfulness and how much they trusted the Lord.

7. tatum zingg says:

Having trust in the Lord may be the most difficult, yet rewarding thing one may do. Whether that be with Noah trusting in the Lord, or Jesus trusting him and leading others among himself, they both are great examples of this.

8. Sarah Johnson says:

The fact that Noah built an offering and an alter to the Lord as his first act on Earth after the flood is an amazing testament to his faith!