weekly truth

from the weekly truth reading plan

Hosea 12:6

BY She Reads Truth

Today, as a body of women, let’s meditate on and memorize God’s word. Not for our own glory or honor, but for the joy of our Father and the growth of His Truth in our hearts.

So you, by the help of your God, return, hold fast to love and justice, and wait continually for your God. Hosea 12:6 ESV

35 thoughts on "weekly truth"

1. Rene says:

Sisters, please pray for me to discern God’s voice as I grow in a relationship with Him. Sometimes I’m not sure whether or not its His or my desires. I keep having thoughts about starting a couple’s teen ministry (with my ex boyfriend as my future husband & partner) and Pray that I discover His will for my life so I can serve others and exhort them to salvation all to glorify the mighty name of Jesus! Amen & Thanks

2. Hayley says:

Wendy, know that what you’re going through will not last forever! He loves you so much and He is with you during this time. But be careful not to give up trusting in His perfect plan in His perfect time! It will be worth the wait! You always have these SRT ladies to pray for you! I pray tonight that you will find peace in His presence knowing He has His loving arms wrapped around you!

3. Wendy says:

When I first got this scripture a few days ago I was just thinking about waiting. But honestly I am tired. I am frustrated. Tonight I broke down because all I seem to do is WAIT. I know I have to. God is doing something but waiting and having patience is so hard. My heart hurts Lord, you hear my cries. I seem to swing from having patience to simply feeling like I am loosing it. I am coming 33 in a few days and I think why must I keep waiting. The world seems to laugh at me. Trying to trust. But trust has been so difficult and I try to get through it. Sorry this seems melodramatic. Then I think…what a pants Christian girl I am. If my pastor could hear the words I am speaking over myself. But honestly, years and years of waiting and disappointments hurt. Loving and having someone love you but it not time. Hurts. Friends who turn jealous. Hurts. Having no one to speak to. Hurts.

1. Carolynmimi says:

Lord, only You know why Wendy is in your waiting room, but Lord reading her post compels me to lift her situation up to you. Sometimes, Lord and you know us all so well, sometimes we think just put an end to the waiting even if it is not your best, but Lord, encourage Wendy to continue to wait, to hope, to anticipate Your best in her life. Lord, she speaks of hurts and having no one to talk to. Oh, God, I cry out to you to provide her with a friend to wait with her, to listen to her, to keep her steady. Hear her cries, dry her tears, wrap her closely in your arms, let her glimpse the other side of waiting and while she waits let her look beyond or even around the waiting room and bring comfort to others who wait. In Jesus name, Amen.

4. Cynthia says:

Soliciting your prayers this evening over our business and the team God has brought together to do marketplace ministry in the earth. Praying for God’s wisdom, insight, guidance, and direction. Thank you!

5. Taylor says:

My patience has been wearing thing lately. You see a month and a half ago my husband told me he wants a divorce. When we said our wedding vows we made a promise to god to not allow anything to separate us. There has been no adultery on eithe part so there is no biblical reasoning behind a divorce. But he stands firm saying he is just done and doesn't want to try counseling. So what do I do? I pray. I'm trusting God will work on his heart and it will soften. I'm trusting God will help that he will see that our family and our four children and our covenant to God needs to be treasured. I pray and I wait for restoration.

This verse today was actually one I read earlier and highlighted in my bible. God speaks!

1. Carolynmimi says:

Lord, enable Taylor to tamp down her anger and hurt so that she can discern the true driving force in her husband's decision to abandon the vows they made before God. Help her to remember what she loved about him when they first knew they were in love. Help her to as much as she can from one side of their union to act with love toward him. He says he doesn't want counseling, but Lord send him Wise Counsel, in human form or through the Holy Spirit, counsel that will challenge his decision. I pray God that you open his eyes in such a way that as Taylor loves him, he will see her with renewed passion and commitment, that he will remember the vows he made, that he will see their family as sacred and that in all this, Lord, You will restore this marriage. You are God, nothing is impossible for you! We are trusting you in this family's life. In Jesus precious Name, Amen!

1. JuneBug says:

Amen!

2. Taylor says:

Thank you so much for your prayers!

6. Sarah Wood says:

I don't post on here often, but today I'd love some prayer. My husband & I are adopting two sweet girls from Africa, but we got word yesterday that there may be some things changing in their country's adoption laws. If they do change, there is a strong possibility that we won't be able to adopt them. Please pray that God would move mightily in the hearts of the people making decisions. I'd appreciate prayers for my heart too, as I'm pretty weary.

1. Carolynmimi says:

Lord, change the hearts of the ones who would oppose these life affirming adoptions to support to bless these parents and children. Change their hearts of stone to hearts of flesh OR change the ones in charge now to ones who would see the value of placing orphaned children in the arms of those who will love them and raise them to love Jesus! Amen.

2. JuneBug says:

Praying for you and your family Sarah. Praying that those precious girls arrive safe in your arms before any changes are made and that the Lord will give you all rest and peace in His divine timing and provision…no matter what.

3. Candacejo says:

A special place in Heaven is surely reserved for parents of adoptive children…praying for you and your husband that you will find favor with those in control. Dear Lord give Sarah strength and sweet peace and relief in her mind and heart as she turns all of the worry over to YOU. You are going to be up all night anyway Lord!! In Jesus' name! ♥

4. Melinda says:

Echoing the others' prayers for the peocess and for your weary heart. Waiting in adoption is TOUGH and then all the uncertainties get thrown in…

Jesus, may sarah be flooded with your peace as she continues this journey!

7. anngoerz says:

Thanks for your prayers yesterday ladies, as things change (hopefully they do) I will update you;) Thank you Jesus for this community and for the ladies who started it!!:)

8. In studying this verse, there are some really interesting things going on. First, as we all saw yesterday, nothing happens without God's help. We can't do anything good without Him. In looking into the greek, the words hold fast or maintain in some versions implies putting a hedge around something or guarding it. We have to fight for love and justice-nothing passive here. Third, waiting in some versions is hoping. This is a very active verse. Return. Guard. Hope.

Much Grace Ladies

1. JuneBug says:

What an inspirational charge to take action. Love it!