weekly truth

from the weekly truth reading plan

Hosea 12:6

BY She Reads Truth

Today, as a body of women, let’s meditate on and memorize God’s word. Not for our own glory or honor, but for the joy of our Father and the growth of His Truth in our hearts.

So you, by the help of your God, return, hold fast to love and justice, and wait continually for your God. Hosea 12:6 ESV

35 thoughts on "weekly truth"

1. Diana says:

I want to thank all of you for praying for me yesterday. I found this community by "accident" and feel so blessed to be part of it. Still praying for God's wisdom concerning mom. It really all comes down to financial right now. If you would pray that the VA would release the money that she is entitled to I would be ever grateful. Thank you sisters.

1. anngoerz says:

Still praying Diana!:)

2. Elizabeth says:

I've been hearing the Lord telling me to be patient for a while now, and this is just hearing that further. At least when it comes to waiting on God, we know that there is always something wonderful coming.

3. LindaG says:

I actually put this on my lock screen earlier thus week! I’ve found if you google a verse via “images” there’s usually a good one you can put on your phone. :)

4. Allison says:

I just love the part about waiting continually for your God…I have been feeling the urge to do the Lord's work in my life and all these radical big moves keep coming into my head. I was praying over the weekend for God to keep these plans in my head if they are His plan, or to remove my desire for them if they are not. I think today's verse is a perfect answer from God…wait continually. I am in probably the busiest time of my life right now (graduating law school, bar exam, buying a home, and starting my job) so to hear "wait continually" was a breath of fresh air. Whatever God's plans are will be revealed in time….I must return to my God, maintain love and justice, and wait continually. Such a great devotional today!

1. coffeeanddreams says:

Congratulations on graduating and I send good prayers your way for studying the bar :-)

5. LeahTvt says:

Good morning, sisters! Glad to be a part of SRT. This has been quite the devotional! Had never read Hosea before, it has been so enlightening both in pleasant–and some not-so-pleasant ways. But TRUTH is sometimes not fun to hear. But it is oh so necessary AND freeing. Thank you Father God! Have a blessed day everyone!

1. LindaG says:

Amen!

6. Hayley says:

Praying for you Megan. So glad you’re apart of SRT! I started in January and I look forward every day to studying His Word. It’s also such a blessing to have the support, prayers, and encouragement from other ladies around the world that love Jesus!

7. megan says:

This Hosea plan has been an amazing blessing. I am still pretty new in my sincere relationship with God ( notice I said “sincere”), and this book has opened my eyes. Every day I am so excited to get on the train so I can get out my Bible and read the Word. The community here at SRT is absolutely amazing and I don’t know where I would be without it. Since starting to follow SRT, I’ve become stronger in my effort to pray daily and I’ve grown much more familiar with my Bible.

I have one prayer request, and that is that you pray that I find a spiritual home, a new church, soon. My husband and I moved to a new state in February and I am struggling to find a new church. Thank you ladies, you are truly a blessing!!

1. LeahTvt says:

Praying that God leads you and your husband to the church He wants you to be a part of.

1. Diana says:

Lord I pray that you would lead Megan and her husband to the body of believers you want for them. A place they can be fed and be a blessing. We are many members but one body and I know Lord you have a place for them. Thank you, in Jesus name. Amen

2. Candacejo says:

Oh Megan that can be so difficult sometimes! As a Pastor's wife I know how hard it is for people to find a church that they like, how hard it is to be the "newbie" and get adjusted…it is like being the new kid in school all over again! In your case you just want to find the school! I will pray the Lord will open the door, literally that He wants you to walk through to your new church home soon. Feel free to message me on my blog @ http://www.hopeinthehealing.com or my email [email protected] if you would like some help. I travel extensively with our ministry now teaching revival seminars and may know a pastor in your area. Blessings friend!

3. Carolynmimi says:

Father God, Megan and her husband are seeking a new place to worship, grow in Christ and to serve. Lord, the unique spiritual gifts your Holy Spirit has given Megan and her husband are needed within a community of believers so they may flourish and build up the whole body of Christ. Lead their steps to not the "perfect" church, but to the right spirited church for their spiritual nourishment and where they can connect and find kingdom building ministry. May there be a sense of homecoming when they enter the doors, may they be drawn by your love, may they hear with your ears the message and teachings, give them discernment,and Father, if You are still preparing a place for them let them not tire as they seek, but instead find purchase and begin to serve, even if later they are led elsewhere. We love you, God, but know our love cannot reach the heights of your love for us. So grateful,, Lord. Amen.

1. Candacejo says:

Beautiful!! I love your wisdom!!

4. anngoerz says:

I echo their prayers for you Megan! So glad you are apart of this community and I pray you will soon find also a physical community/church to grow, bloom, and engage/serve in.

8. Hayley says:

Thankful for all your prayers yesterday! Praying that all of you would have a blessed day as we meditate on this scripture.