day 8

from the day 8 reading plan

1 Timothy 2:1-4, 1 Timothy 2:8, 1 Timothy 4:4-5

BY She Reads Truth

Join us today as we read Day 8 of the YouVersion Prayer plan, then come back here and let’s talk about what we’re learning!

33 thoughts on "day 8"

1. Erica S. says:

When it comes to governments, I feel like getting anywhere close to improvement is like bashing your head against a brick wall. So the first passage really made me stop and think "What if I stopped complaining about the government and started praying for them? Which would be more effective?"

2. Kristin says:

Great verses today…my favorite so far! Every line is a wonderful reminder but also a promise of the benefit of prayer. And I love how it all flows together…almost like a song or poem.

3. I am so thankful that we are doing this together ladies! I read those verses twice and didn't get anything DEEP or anything relating to my life from them for some reason…but then I came here and lightbulbs went off all over the place!

Thanks for being here for me when my brain is tired and I have trouble connecting the dots! :-)

4. Suki says:

I love timothy 4:4. Love the idea of goodness in every of god’s creations.
    To me it means to accept certain circumstances, be thankful Him teaching me important lessons in life. He’ll make even the most doubtful situations good if we turn to Him in prayer.

5. Lauren says:

Praying for you enemies without anger was tough for me. When I closed my head and bowed my head I realized I hadn't prayed for that person in a long time…years. Anger and hurt was there, lingering in the sound of my voice in my head. I'm going to try again tonight or tomorrow to pray for them without anger. A friend told me, "You'll pray for him every day now." She is probably right. I'll pray till there is no anger. God wants everyone to be saved. Everyone.

1. Lauren says:

I have so many typos in this comment. goodness. I wish I could edit. Forgive me for rushing!

6. Laura says:

I’ll admit that more often than not, I complain about the shambles that our government is in. But I never thought that praying for the people who make up the government was really that important. Also, like we discussed several days ago, we shouldn’t be afraid to pray specifics for our government. By God’s grace, I will learn to take praying for our authorities seriously.

7. Kelli says:

Today struck me that we are to pray for everyone and that means (to me at least) even our "enemies" with out wrath or dissension because God's desire is all to come to the saving knowledge of Christ.

1. Kim B. says:

Totally convicted here Kelli! My human side was all…pray for our enemies?! Na..it's not saying that, it's saying pray for kings & those in authority. But my Christian sides knows you are RIGHT. It does say ALL people & that God wants ALL people to be saved. You see, there are a couple people who have wronged my family over greed & quite honestly the last thing I want to do is pray for them. But you have convicted me Kelli & I AM praying for them right now :) Thank You!

8. Nicki says:

Yes it sure is a huge commitment! yes the thing about praying for governments struck me too. also, I think I will take the advice of someone here and look at these in the Message as well as the NLT I usually use.