Every fall, my family makes a thankfulness garland, lined with leaf-shaped pieces of paper scribbled with goodness from the previous year. We continue to add leaves until Thanksgiving, when we go around the table and recall God’s faithfulness together. We count our blessings.
But in the flood of life between the breakfast table and the pillow, we can forget what it means to be blessed. Is blessing wealth, success, and acclaim? It sure seems like it. We are inclined to spend our days striving for the sparkly, sumptuous blessings of the world. But the world has an upside down way of looking at life, and sometimes we have to squint, turn on our heads, and let our hair brush the ground to see it for what it is.
If you can relate, you won’t want to miss this brand new #SheReadsTruth community reading plan for the Thanksgiving season! “The Beatitudes: On Earth As It Is In Heaven” is 2-week plan, beginning November 14, exploring the famous first lines of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount.
The Beatitudes shift our focus from the values of the world to God’s economy. In them, Christ gives us a glimpse of how He is setting everything right again. These eight blessings are not a call for us to try harder; they are a look at the natural consequences to a life lived in Christ. The riches of the kingdom of God are ours, and they are secure, because of the life of Jesus and His sacrifice for our salvation.
We’re excited and expectant about going through this reading plan together. But of course, we couldn’t let you go without introducing the gorgeous Beatitudes study book!
The Beatitudes Study Book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- Space for personal reflection and notes to encourage deeper interaction with Truth
- Two-page Gratitude Guide, exploring how the Beatitudes cause us to give thanks
- 3 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
- Two hand-lettering exercises
- A timely hymn, “The Beatitudes” by Isaac Watts, with sheet music
- A simple & delicious recipe, Roasted Vegetables with Lemon & Thyme