Friends! We have a super fun summer project in the works!
This summer, we’ll dedicate two months to studying the women who appear in the pages of God’s Word.
These are ordinary women whom God used for extraordinary purposes—women the Heavenly Father redeemed and used for His glory, one by one, each in His time. This 8-week reading plan will be titled, appropriately, “Women in the Word.”
As we’ve brainstormed and planned here at SRT headquarters about this summer study, we can’t help but hear “Women in the Word” and think, We want to be THAT! We think of you—women from around the country and the world who long to be “in the Word” every day — and we marvel at how reading Scripture alongside you as sisters in Christ is such a privilege. Your names and ours may not be written in the Bible, but as daughters of God and students of the Gospel, the title of “Women in the Word” can apply to all of us, too!
Which brings us back to that super fun project…
For this 8-week summer study, we’ll create a special book called Women in the Word… featuring oh-so-beautiful YOU!
In addition to the lovely scripture art we always include in our optional study journals, we want to decorate the pages of this book with photos of you—the amazing women who make up the “Shes” of She Reads Truth! We have so many big (and fun!) dreams for this very special book, but we need your photos to bring it to life!
Here’s how this will work:
1. We’re looking for high-resolution photos of YOU—the faces of SRT!
(Photos from your mobile device will work! So go ahead & scour Instagram and your camera roll for your favorites!)
2. Each SRT gal may submit up to 5 photos. (We need lots of great photos to choose from, y’all! Please be sure you own any photos you submit!)
3. Send 1-5 full-size photos, along with your name, to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Optional: include your city, state or country, if you’d like to share where you’re from!)
4. IMPORTANT: In order for your photos to be considered, the following statement MUST appear in the body of your email (just do a quick copy/paste, and you’re all set!) —
By emailing these photos to email@example.com, I acknowledge and affirm that I am the person in the photo(s) and am over 18 years of age. I affirm that I am the copyright owner of the photo(s), and I hereby grant permission to She Reads Truth to publish my photo(s), along with my first name (and location, if submitted) in the book “Women In The Word”.
5. Deadline to submit photos is Tuesday, March 31, 2015, at midnight PST. We’re going to try to include as many photos as possible, but we have a feeling it will be impossible to squeeze them all in! Thanks for understanding and sharing and for being one of the Shes that Read Truth!
That’s it! Easy peasy, right?
Now – hear us when we say, this is NOT a beauty competition, or a clean house competition, or a fancy life competition. This is us wanting to see you in your normal, everyday life. Send us posed portraits or casual selfies, you on your porch or on a mountain, you in the office or your living room, in the streets of your city or in your backyard. We just want to see YOU! Some part of you—your face, your hands, your shoes, your ears, your smile, you far away or you close up—whatever you feel like represents YOU. (Have we emphasized the “you” enough yet? We just really like you guys!)
Sending you so much love from Tennessee, and prayers for a beautiful Spring and Summer of studying God’s Word together, side by side.
your She Reads Truth team
A Few Practical Tips!
- Turn off artificial lighting. Let the day light you—it’s super flattering and will keep lighting consistent throughout the book!
- Play with different angles and be creative! This should be fun!
- Know that you are lovely just as you are! Being a “Woman in the Word” is beautiful in the sight of your Maker—never believe anything different!